Trying to add In-App Purchase for Donation Button RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have developed an App that I would like to keep free for all, but I would also like the opportunity to make some money.

Here is the App if anyone is interested.  Also, your opinion would be appreciated.  Link.

As I understand things, in order for my App to Accept Donations, I need to first enable In-App Purchases via the Dashboard Add-ons section.

I'm a little Confused and was hoping someone might be able to walk me through the proper steps.

From what I've read about things, I've not come across anything that is particular to Donations and the procedure to incorporate them into an app.

Of the three Add-on options, Developer, Store and Durable.  I'm not sure which one would be applicable to my needs.  Nor do I know the steps needed to enable them, once I have identified the proper procedure.

Is there Someone that would offer a quick tutorial on the proper way to set up an In-App Purchase for a User Clickable Button to send a developer a Donation through the MS Store?

Regards,

-Ron

Friday, September 15, 2017 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi NJDevils28,

Add-ons are published through the Windows Dev Center dashboard. But you'll also need to enable the add-ons in your app's code.

To offer an add-on to customers in your app, you need to define the add-on for your app in the Dev Center dashboard so the Store knows about it. Then, your app can use APIs in the Windows.Services.Store or Windows.ApplicationModel.Store namespace to offer the add-on for sale to the user as an in-app purchase.

To get it started more quickly, you might would like to take a look into this sample.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:37 AM