StackTrace incorrect line number RRS feed

• Question

• User1536465747 posted

Hello Guys,

I have a project with a quite big .pdb file (2 MB)

I get the exceptions on time but with incorrect line number e.g. the exception is thrown on the line #101 while StackTrace reports the line #112

Is there any fix/reset for this? Thank you very much

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:12 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

Hello Guys,

I get the exceptions on time but with incorrect line number e.g. the exception is thrown on the line #101 while StackTrace reports the line #112

It means the .pdb file is not the same version as the dll.  Build the project using the debug configuration then deploy the pdb and dll files.  The pdb file contains the debugging symbols and generally is not deployed or wanted on the remote server.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:24 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

AFAIK it can happen that JIT optimization causes the current statement offset to not match any more the original source code line. This is a debug build with no optimization or you try to deploy PDB files as part of your release? (I never really found this that usefull).

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:38 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Hello Guys,

It means the .pdb file is not the same version as the dll.  Build the project using the debug configuration then deploy the pdb and dll files.  The pdb file contains the debugging symbols and generally is not deployed or wanted on the remote server.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:24 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

AFAIK it can happen that JIT optimization causes the current statement offset to not match any more the original source code line. This is a debug build with no optimization or you try to deploy PDB files as part of your release? (I never really found this that usefull).

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:38 PM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi KulerMaster,

It's might be the APM causing this problem.  you can try to deactivat the APM agent.

More information abount wrong line numbers in stack trace you can refer to this link: https://stackoverflow.com/a/38374576

Best regards,

Sam

Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:43 AM