Change size of images in photo albums? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1152998490 posted

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the size of the images in the photo albums for the club starter site? The only options I see are 'thumbnail' 'large' and 'fullsize' none of which really work very well for me. Mainly I wanted to display images in a panoramic size rather than a portrait as the 'fullzise' seems to do. Is there anyway to specify the default size? Or perhaps  keep the native proportions of the image, but just display it small enough to fit in the column?

Thanks,

Friday, February 26, 2010 11:32 AM

All replies

• User139366633 posted

I am not sure of the exact set up of the site that you are using, but there are two ways that I know of to resize an image.

If in design view you select the image control and view its properties, you can change the width and height of the image. (If you wish to do it source view you can, but you won't get intellisense help) By changing only one of the properties (width or height), the image will maintain its original size ratio. You may select either a percentage of the control's container, or set an actual pixel size.

The second, and probably preferred method is to use a photo editing software to resize the photo first. When the browser resizes the image by way of the first image the image usually loses some resolution. (especially if you are asking it to substantially enlarge or reduce the image.) A program called Photoscape works pretty well for simple image editing, and is available for free online. (Just google it.)

Hope this helps and good luck.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:21 AM