none
Windows Mobile 6 - Copy Wi-Fi settings between devices RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon,

I've been tasked with setting up 40 newly purchased WM6 based device hand-scanners for a new Venue - they are connecting via a Static IP to a server, to do this manually on all 40 devices will be tedious, but necessary if I cannot come up with a solution to copy/move/restore Wi-Fi settings between the devices. I was wondering if there is someway to set one Scanner up, copy a file from that onto the other Scanners and just edit each Static IP (leaving Subnet/Mask/SSID etc the same).

Guru's lend me your brains!

Cheers,

TC

Friday, October 5, 2012 4:47 AM

Answers

• Just to clarify: this allows you to create an XML file which contains Wi-Fi configuration information. Once invoked on the device (either via special API call or via CAB file) it would configure Wi-Fi on the device.

Is it not what you need - to configure Wi-Fi on 40 devices? If so then it should work, even though it's not exactly a copy. But that should not matter once you have the file/cab.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 8, 2012 3:42 PM

All replies

• See if this helps:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737539.aspx

Friday, October 5, 2012 6:09 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Ilya, unfortunately that just confused me more (and from my limited knowledge doesn't seem to help in my current predicament) - any other ideas guys?
    Monday, October 8, 2012 12:59 AM
  • Just to clarify: this allows you to create an XML file which contains Wi-Fi configuration information. Once invoked on the device (either via special API call or via CAB file) it would configure Wi-Fi on the device.

Is it not what you need - to configure Wi-Fi on 40 devices? If so then it should work, even though it's not exactly a copy. But that should not matter once you have the file/cab.

Monday, October 8, 2012 3:42 PM