Visual Studio Framework Source Code RRS feed

• Question

• User-326746839 posted

Hi,

Is there a version of the real Visual Studio Framework Source Code available?

It seems that with Dynamic Data a lot of that code to be used in our own customized applications 
    will have to be derived directly from the source classes ..... or not?

I'm asking for a clean valid legal version provided by Microsoft, not decompiling them
    neither will I need them avalilable only by means of debugging

Am I for real?

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:36 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Get the free decompiler from Telerik

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:57 AM

All replies

• User-484054684 posted

Are you asking for .NET framework? or are you sure you are looking for Visual Studio framework?

I remember there are options to step in to the code of .net framework.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:40 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

Thanks,

I'm asking for the ones belonging to the .Net Framework.

And yes ! .. they are available while debugging
    BUT for using them you MUST write an application first
    and code that leads you to the part you are looking for

Not really a big deal for planning your code, isn't it?

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Sunday, October 19, 2014 10:56 AM
  • User-484054684 posted

Probably this should help: http://referencesource.microsoft.com/

Download page: http://referencesource.microsoft.com/download.html

As per this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/archive/2014/02/24/a-new-look-for-net-reference-source.aspx the list may not be complete but they are trying to expand it further.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 11:03 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

Thanks

Already downloaded them but it seems they are not complete. 

Couldn't find System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations 

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:19 PM
  • User-484054684 posted

Hi Carlos,

Here is the said namespace: http://referencesource.microsoft.com/#System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations 

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:44 AM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi klca,

For your issue,you can type the link for System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations :

http://referencesource.microsoft.com/#System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/Resources/DataAnnotationsResources.Designer.cs

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

Monday, October 20, 2014 9:45 PM
  • User-326746839 posted

Hi,

How frustrating ... not even Reflector 8 decompiles the .Net classes

It fails in some libraries

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:28 PM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi klca,

For your issue is not related with data scaffolding using asp.net dynamic data,i suggest  that you can post your issue to visual studio general forum for a professional solution:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:17 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

Hi,

How can you say such thing. IT IS RELATED !! 

My application is  an ASP.Net Dynamic Data one so ... IT IS RELATED ... 1,000% related

It seems by your answer that you can rule what I am able to ask for !!!!

For your information, ASP.Net Dynamic data project USES the .Net Framework, doesn't it?

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:13 AM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi klca,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your issue .

if you don't mind,please explain more details on the libraries  which you failed,so that I can reproduce your issue,and test it in my side.

It fails in some libraries

Bes Regards,

Kevin Shen.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:17 AM
  • User-326746839 posted

Ok,

First I must say that I don't intend to have the source code of the .Net framework just for fun or for the mere fact of having it decompiled.

What I have asked several times here in this forums is how to do a lot of different tasks in which I have to do a lot of customization because there seems to be scarcity of technical documentation in so many issues regarding Dynamic Data.

For instance: I want to do cascading but I have to do it only under Naughton's concepts because there is no other thing available (or it seems)

1. I'd like to do my own implementation but (I have already asked this thing so many times here) I couldn't find a way of creating my own custom controls which might be able to accept as input the data coming from a another custom control (as you might know, in Dynamic data the controls and the data disappears once they have bee used by the .Net framework so there is no way in doing things in the ASP.Net way IT MUST be done under ASP.Net Dynamic Data way). This is called "cascading" here but Naughton's implementation uses it's own approach and I need to do much more than that . I admire the guy but his cascading is just not enough for my purposes.
    2. I'd like to make some changes to the way that ASP.Net Dynamic Data displays the URL in the address bar
    3. I also need a way of iterating trough some of the data in a forms as to do some "calculation" stuff which could be easily done if the form were an ASP.Net conventional one and not a Dynamic Data one because the data "is no longer there" even tough is shown and displayed on the screen

So I need to do some things with the beauty and ease of ASP.Net Dynamic data but I also need a way of making adjustments and calculations, passing parameters, on the fly.

Having said that, I wouldn't expect to write code, my own code, just to make the .Net Framework library appear there, at at precise moment, in order to "activate debugging" and see the framework source code in debugging mode. I'd need to do some planning and see how things work internally in order to analyze the code and make necessary adjustments.

I MUST APOLOGIZE FOR MY ENGLISH. IT MIGHT BE WELL WRITTEN BUT I WRITE IT THINKING IN MY OWN LANGUAGE (SPANISH) SO IT COULD BE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND WHAT  I AM TRYING TO SAY NOT WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN 

Best regards

Carlos N. Porras
    (El Salvador)

Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:39 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Get the free decompiler from Telerik

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:57 AM