none
Alternatives to pubCenter RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any decent alternatives to pubCenter?

Its been a month now and no impressions have registered although the ads are being served and I've had no responses as to why this is happening.

After looking at other peoples experiences, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that Devs arnt being taken seriously and Microsoft couldnt care less about sorting out these problems.

I'm only starting out and the app I have published will probably only make me pennies (I'm realistic), so this isnt about the money, but if this is the way things are dealt with then where is the incentive to build better apps?

I'm just thinking that if I'm going to use other advertising methods then I may as well get started now rather than displaying the ads microsoft provide for free.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:11 AM

All replies

• Have you contact pubCenter support?

I've had some issues with impressions and account reports and they have solved it.

It took some days to get it working but support was good.

Friday, September 20, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I havent been in contact directly, just through the forums.

Perhaps thats where i've been going wrong.

I've been reading up on how it all works and i understand now that in some territories ads wont be shown and therefore there wont be any impressions from those uses, but i know of people in the UK that use the app daily and get shown adverts (always the same adidas one) but no impressions are being registered.

As I stated above, I'm new to this and my app is really simple and I'm not expecting huge numbers of users or ad impressions but i would have expected some sort of numbers being reported.

Friday, September 20, 2013 8:11 AM
  • You should login to your pub center account and click the Contact support link from the bottom of the page.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:49 AM
  • Hi

Check your ad size if it still exists in pubcenter.

Some ad sizes are not supported anymore. You won't get impressions on those sizes.

We had a similar issue and that fixed it for us whe changed the ad size to a supported one.

Grts

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:30 PM