none
Counting the number of times a table or column was used on a (SSRS) report server RRS feed

• Question

• How can I go about counting the number of times all users referenced a specific column and table in the TSQL datasets throughout all reports published on an SSRS report server? For example, if Report A uses the column Sold of table Sales three times and Report B uses column Sold of table Sales five times, the total count of column Sold of table Sales referenced is eight. Sometimes different tables have the same column names, so I want to group on specific tables and corresponding columns.

I am working on building a data dictionary, and I want popularity of use indicator for tables and columns.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Shawn Messner,

Thanks for posting here.

In fact, your description is very abstract. Could you please make a more detailed description based on some sample data?

Per your description, you may use the view sys.columns to achieve your needs. If  I haven't understood your thought, please correct me.

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 9, 2018 3:24 AM