Implement Singleton Pattern in my Orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - this is my Orchestration. My have a huge file with multiple records in it. My pipeline is debatching it and sending each record as individual file which is creating multiple Orchestration instances.

I want to create a Singleton Orchestration, where all these files will be looped in one orchestration instance and sent out. How can I achieve this ? Please any one provide me detailed steps to achieve this .

MBH

Friday, October 14, 2016 4:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You are going to need aggregation pattern, check the below articles for further pointers:

Regards Pushpendra Singh : Please mark the reply as answer or vote it up, as deemed fit.

Friday, October 14, 2016 5:02 PM
  • why what is difference between Singleton ? Aggregation ? Convoy patterns ?

MBH

Friday, October 14, 2016 5:12 PM
  • Hi, You can make use scatter and gather pattern with self correlating port. The way to use it is to create a receive self-correlating direct bound port in orchestration A. In Orchestration B declare a port as a Send Port Orchestration Parameter of the same port-type as defined in orchestration A. This declaration will create a logical port on your orchestration designer surface with the direction flipped. You can call receive pipeline in orchestration A to debatch the messages. When orchestration B is called with the ‘Start Orchestration’ shape, pass the port as a parameter to orchestration B. Orchestration B then does whatever business logic it needs to and then can send a message on the port passed in as a parameter. The message will be sent to the self-correlating port of the instance of orchestration A that originally started orchestration B. Refer: https://prashantbiztalkblogs.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/implementing-scatter-gather-pattern-in-biztalk-using-self-correlation/ and http://geekswithblogs.net/synBoogaloo/archive/2005/09/23/54705.aspx

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Friday, October 14, 2016 5:29 PM
  • the main thing here I want to implement is just 1 orchestration instance...I dont want when the file debatches creates 100s of instances

MBH

Friday, October 14, 2016 5:31 PM
  • 1) what should be my Correlation set and correlation type on Receive and follow side ?

2) what should I write expression in my loop ?

MBH

Friday, October 14, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Hi jaguarjags, at this point, I recommend you put aside these various attempts and open a new thread restating your basic business scenario.  This and some other paths are taking you further from a viable solution*.  Perhaps some new perspectives will help.

*If this is related to the HL7 threads. If not, please disregard.

Friday, October 14, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Isn't this a new thread ? where do you want me to post new threads and explain business scenarios ?

Whether related to HL7, EDI, FF, XMLs  ??    everything is related to BizTalk

MBH

Friday, October 14, 2016 6:45 PM
  • Hi Jaguarjags,

If you are still implementing HL7 scenario...as Johns suggested...please open a singular thread posting a completed and comprehensive scenario so that our experts help you out..

Regards.

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Friday, October 14, 2016 6:48 PM