how to find the funciton of jquery are cross browser compitable or not. RRS feed

• Question

• User2102072086 posted
    i have used this line    $(selector).parent().parent();
    I want to know that how many browsers support it.
    note: the html properties used by  java scripts browser compatibility is at MDN.
    but my question is about the function of j query.
    Friday, June 26, 2020 7:13 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

It should work on all  browsers supported by your jQuery version though https://jquery.com/browser-support/ is not 100% crystal clear. If you have a particular problem, ilt will be likely much easier to just directly discuss about it...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2020 9:43 AM

All replies

• User288213138 posted

Hi rajemessage,

i have used this line    $(selector).parent().parent();

I want to know that how many browsers support it.

note: the html properties used by  java scripts browser compatibility is at MDN.

but my question is about the function of j query.

I tested your code, and it works fine in dege, ie and chrome. Have you alert any error messages using this method?

What I don't understand is that since $(selector).parent() can get the ancestors of each element in the current set of matched elements, optionally filtered by a selector, why do you even use $(selector).parent().parent();

Best regards,

Sam

Friday, June 26, 2020 9:20 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

It should work on all  browsers supported by your jQuery version though https://jquery.com/browser-support/ is not 100% crystal clear. If you have a particular problem, ilt will be likely much easier to just directly discuss about it...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 26, 2020 9:43 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

The point of jquery is cross browser functions. Each version of jquery lists the browsers it supports. 

Friday, June 26, 2020 3:42 PM
  • User2102072086 posted

thank u, but it did not say anything about which version of jquery they are talking about, 

does that mean the link u have given, says that all versions on jquery run on all browsers, except mentioned one.

so the question is, can I find jquery version-specific cross-browser support. that is which version of jquery supports which version of borsers.

Sunday, June 28, 2020 12:08 PM