none
Unable to load referenced library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a visual studio 2005, vb 6 in my vritual pc (win xp).

Yesterday I download the free antivirus AVG and I found that the system seemed to be affected.
    Today I found that the vb.net application worked incorrectly; so I uninstalled AVG.
    But I got an error:
    Error	26	Unable to load referenced library 
    'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll':
    System Error &H8013110e&

I don't know how to handle it. I tried to added it but failed.
    A error popped up.
    A reference to 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll

could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible,

and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Thanks for help.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 8:19 PM

Answers

• That error appears to be Bad Image Format exception - this is common if you have a Visual Studio 2003 proram that is trying to load a .NET 2.0 assembly, or if you in VS 2003 yoy can't add a reference to a higher level assembly from .NET 2.0.
    Phil Wilson
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:41 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 9:44 PM
  • Hi Ardmore,

Hi I have a visual studio 2005, vb 6 in my vritual pc (win xp).

Yesterday I download the free antivirus AVG and I found that the system seemed to be affected.
    Today I found that the vb.net application worked incorrectly; so I uninstalled AVG.
    But I got an error:
    System Error &H8013110e& I don't know how to handle it. I tried to added it but failed.
    A error popped up.

Some clarification with you:
    What kind of VB.NET project are you developing now?

Frankly speaking, this might be some causes for the issue to happen. Thus, we need to do some work to narrow down some possible cause of your issue.

Could you please try the following steps to deal with the case:

Step 1:
    Run .NET Framework Verification Tool to verify .NET Framework 2.0 on your machine. If it cannot be verified successfully, please try .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove it and reinstall it again. You can download .NET Framework 2.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en.

Step 2:
    If step 1 doesn't work, please help me to check whether this scenario will happen if you create a new VB.NET project? This would be helpful to eliminate the cause of project specific.

Hope this helps! Let me know if it works.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 5:38 AM
  • Thanks for help. Fortunately I find a backup vhd file. 
    • Marked as answer by ardmore Monday, February 8, 2010 2:11 PM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:11 PM

All replies

• That error appears to be Bad Image Format exception - this is common if you have a Visual Studio 2003 proram that is trying to load a .NET 2.0 assembly, or if you in VS 2003 yoy can't add a reference to a higher level assembly from .NET 2.0.
    Phil Wilson
    Friday, February 5, 2010 9:44 PM
  • Hi Ardmore,

Hi I have a visual studio 2005, vb 6 in my vritual pc (win xp).

But I got an error:
    System Error &H8013110e& I don't know how to handle it. I tried to added it but failed.
    A error popped up.

Some clarification with you:
    What kind of VB.NET project are you developing now?

Frankly speaking, this might be some causes for the issue to happen. Thus, we need to do some work to narrow down some possible cause of your issue.

Could you please try the following steps to deal with the case:

Step 1:
    Run .NET Framework Verification Tool to verify .NET Framework 2.0 on your machine. If it cannot be verified successfully, please try .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove it and reinstall it again. You can download .NET Framework 2.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en.

Step 2:
    If step 1 doesn't work, please help me to check whether this scenario will happen if you create a new VB.NET project? This would be helpful to eliminate the cause of project specific.

Hope this helps! Let me know if it works.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 5:38 AM
  • Thanks for help. Fortunately I find a backup vhd file. 
    • Marked as answer by ardmore Monday, February 8, 2010 2:11 PM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:11 PM
  • Hi Ardmore,

It's my pleasure! And thank you for your kindly sharing.

If you don't mind, I've marked Phil's and my reply as answer as well since this will make other community members who have similar concern have some common sense to handle such a issue.

If you have any concern, you can unmark the reply and let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:45 AM