none
VS 2015 Update 3. Option to deploy to phone doesn't appear

Question

• Hi all,

I am facing the following problem. Since I installed VS 2015 update 3 a few days ago the option to deploy my app to a phone is not there any more. The picture below shows what I am talking about. 

The option in the Standard toolbar used to say "Local Machine", "Device" etc... now I only see the "Start" option.

Is this a bug or a feature(that I am not able to understand)?

What can I do to solve my problem?

Monday, August 01, 2016 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Corcus,

Thank you for your post.

I also installed VS 2015 with update 3.

I create a UWP project to see if there is the same result as yours.

Here is my screenshot:

Apparently, the result is different from yours.

How about changing the ARM to "X86" or "X64"?

Does there any "Local Machine" or other option show?

You may to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features
    Select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'Modify', choose the win10 sdk and UWP related components to install.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Corcus,

Thank you for your post.

I also installed VS 2015 with update 3.

I create a UWP project to see if there is the same result as yours.

Here is my screenshot:

Apparently, the result is different from yours.

How about changing the ARM to "X86" or "X64"?

Does there any "Local Machine" or other option show?

You may to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features
    Select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'Modify', choose the win10 sdk and UWP related components to install.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 7:50 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. 

Changing the target architecture does not yield any different results unfortunately. 

I will try reinstalling the win 10 sdk and uwp components and see if that helps.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 8:01 AM
  • Hi Corcus,

Did you install the Win 10 sdk and Uwp components?

If you have a better solution, how about sharing here, it will benefit other community member who encountered similar issue.

Best Regards,

Friday, August 05, 2016 8:05 AM
  • Re-installing the Win 10 sdk fixed the issue. Thanks for your suggestion :)
    Saturday, August 06, 2016 12:54 PM
  • Hi Corcus,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your result here.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

Monday, August 08, 2016 1:53 AM