none
COMException from HRSLUT:0x800A03EC RRS feed

• Question

• Hay

I Am trying to read data out of a table in SQL server 2012 into a excel spreadsheet but i keep o getting this error COMException from HRSLUT:0x800A03EC, here is my code i have at the moment.

while (myreader.Read())
                    {
                        date += myreader["Date"].ToString() + "\n";
                        patientnumb += myreader["Visit ID"].ToString() + "\n";
                        patientsurname += myreader["Patient Surname"].ToString() + "\n";
                        doctorsurname += myreader["Doctor Surname"].ToString() + "\n";

Excel.Application app;
                        Excel._Workbook workbook;
                        Excel._Worksheet Sheet;
                        app = new Excel.Application();
                        workbook = (Excel._Workbook)(app.Workbooks.Add(Missing.Value));
                        Sheet = (Excel._Worksheet)workbook.ActiveSheet;
                        for (int x = 0; x < 10; x++)
                        {
                            for (int y = 0; y < 10; y++)
                            {
                              Sheet.Cells[x, y] = y.ToString() + x.ToString(); (This is where the error occurs) 
                            }
                        }

}

If you know what the problem is please help.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Slayer07,

According to your description, you encountered an Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC in your VSTO project.

For this kind of issue, there are two solution fixing to it, please have a try.

Install a file called xllex.dll by installing the Multilingual User Interface pack (MUI) for Excel. 

Create a 1033 directory under Microsoft Office\Office11 (if your VS version is VS 2013 and here should be Office15), copy excel.exe to the 1033 directory, and rename it to be xllex.dll.

And I have added a link below, please have a look. Hope it can help you!

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/eric_carter/archive/2005/06/15/429515.aspx

If it doesn’t help, it would be better to repro your issue if you give us a complete demo block code.

Sophia Gou <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED> MSDN Community Support Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:37 PM