none
Reference Id: UI Communication Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I am trying to download SQL Server 2014 developer edition from Subscription I get error

Reference Id:

UI Communication Error

The download is getting started but failing in between, What is the issue ?

Can this be fixed ? It has troubled me for past 2-3 days.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Wiki Article

MVP

Saturday, April 4, 2015 12:08 PM

All replies

• Shanky,

What browser are you using?  Are you using a third party download manager that plugs into it or just the browser itself to complete your download?  Is it only with this file? or with all files?

The UI Communication Error is a surprising one.  You may need to contact MSDN Subscriptions Customer Service if this continues so we can gather your details: https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/aa948875.aspx.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:45 PM
  • Thanks Mike,

I occurred couple of times followed by Download failing after some time erratically. But somehow I managed to download it.

I dont think its a browser issue because I downloaded successfully from same browser BTW i was using Mozilla Firefox. I also kept ping running to if there is any RTO but link was perfect.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Wiki Article

MVP

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:54 PM