an exception was set up by the type initialiser for 'Microsoft.Web.DeploymentManager'. An exception was set up by the type initialiser for 'Microsoft.Web.Deployment.BuiltIntypesCashe' RRS feed

• Question

• User-1184006624 posted

I worked on an asp .Net mvc application. Now the client wants the application to be deployed in local IIS (IIS on sql server 2014). I read on the net how to publish an application on a local server. The problem is that, after the publication steps, I have to create a new profile. I filled in the following information:
    Publishing method (Web Deploy).
    Server (localhost).
    The Site Name (application name).

Destination URL (http: // localhost / mysite).
    When I validate the connection the error below appears:
    an exception was set up by the type initialize for 'Microsoft.Web.DeploymentManager'. An exception was set up by the type initialize for 'Microsoft.Web.Deployment.BuiltIntypesCashe'

So how should I proceed?

Note: This text was translated by Google Translate. Please try to understand the meaning
    Friday, April 12, 2019 4:54 PM

All replies

• User-1174608757 posted

Hi ,bokokibiti

According to your description, this exception usually happens when sqlpackage provider that is no longer supported with Web Deploy. So, you could try below ways.

You could just uninstall Microsoft dbsqlpackage provider. Go to "Programs and Features". It is no longer used.

If it doesn't solve your problem, you could reinstall Web Deploy 3.5 on my development machine.Else , you could  try to restart your visual studio and publish again.I hope it could help you.

Best Regards

Wei

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:59 AM