none
Bug in Word when you try to make it work like publisher RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is not a question on using code in Word, so far I'm just using code with Excel.  However, I noticed what I think is a bug.  I used to produce a newsletter in Publisher.  Then the funding dried up, so I thought I'd slap together the articles in Word.  I found that Word could make 2 column articles, and and there were features to split columns at the end of the article so that the left column and the right column would line up.  I could insert pictures, though I could not insert captions (I could make a textbox, but I had to put the textbox on top of the bottom of the picture). 

Sometimes, for reasons I can't fathom, this results in strange errors where part of the text that belongs in the middle of one column, shows up in the middle of the other column.   This happens especially after revisions.   (I may be doing something wrong).

Anyway, this doesn't belong in this forum, but perhaps some Microsoftie can look at it.

One note: I have the titles of each article formatted to be one column the width of the document

GIDEON
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Gideon

If you want this to get on someone's radar for being looked at, I recommend the Answers forums, which target end-user issues. There's no chance that MS is going to pick this up in this forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

And when you post, it's critical that you mention the version of Word involved.

It will also make a difference if you can present a set of reliable repro steps.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:15 PM