none
Search not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As usual I'm left supporting another horrible MVC application, made by a developer that left the company.

In general is unbelievable hard with Model View Controlller, since the relevant bits of code are hidden all over the shop.

So I'm simply trying to find where and how validation occours, since I need to add more.
    Some existing fields are validated, somehow (by magic it would seem).
    For example, Business Group.

Running the code locally at least that is working this time.

But why can't I simply search for the existing validation text? Then I would know where it is, find it and add validation for my new field.
    As an example, the validation says things like:
    Please correct the validation issues below
    or
    Please select the business group.

But such strings cannot be found in Visual Studio, this time using 2017 edition.
    I suppose alternatively VS \ C Sharp may know to validate the columns because they are not null?
    But then how is the prompt provided? I mean it's not like it's an SQL Error for saving a record without a not null value.

Other things don't work to, there is a button labelled Create Reservation - that can't be found, even though I know for a fact that text exists in the solution since I eventually found it another way.

Any ideas to make it search properly? Use Windows Perhaps?

Friday, August 16, 2019 10:56 AM

Answers

• Hi SSIS_Newbie_1234,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Based on your description, could you use "ctrl + F" to search the validation text in VS 2017 edition?

Then please try to reduce the length of key words, which is like "business group", then do a research.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 19, 2019 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi SSIS_Newbie_1234,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Based on your description, could you use "ctrl + F" to search the validation text in VS 2017 edition?

Then please try to reduce the length of key words, which is like "business group", then do a research.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 19, 2019 10:16 AM
  • Seems that works differently to "Search the solution".
    Monday, August 19, 2019 2:42 PM
  • Hi SSIS_Newbie_1234,

Thank you for reply.

Sorry, did my reply could help you? or this issue persists? Could you share update information with us?

And did the "Search the solution" means "Search solution explorer"? The "Search solution explorer" is to search files, and "search entire solution" is to search text which in all editable documents.

Best Regards,

Dylan 

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:12 AM
  • Well, it's confusing that one search works and one doesn't but i'll accept your answer.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:36 AM