none
Run-Time Error '429' changes to my computer by 9 year old son! How to I change back to my original word formatting? RRS feed

• Question

• My 9 year old son was playing on my Windows 7 OS and apparently changed something. Not sure what. However; when I open up Word, it asks me if I want to make chages to my hard drive, then opens up Word with an error message. Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object. What the heck!? I can't get rid of it, and haven't the foggiest idea what to do to correct this!? I'm a full time student and single mother of 3. I can't afford to go out and buy another program... Please HELP!

Sunday, December 11, 2011 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Karen

The better place to ask this would be the forum that targets end-user questions on Answers:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Unfortunately, we're not able to move questions from MSDN (for programming questions) to Answers, so you'll have to re-post. When you do, there's more information that you could include that might help them assist you more quickly:

1. The version of Word/Office you're using

2. The exact message you're seeing about changes to the hard drive

3. Something they'll ask you to try, so you can do it beforehand and report the results:
    Hold down Ctrl when starting Word. This will force it into Safe Mode, which means it will use the installation defaults. Does the problem then go away and you can work normally?

If yes, then some third-party software is installed on your system and the people who help out on Answers can help you track it down. 

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:11 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 8:52 AM