none
The System cannot find the path specified RRS feed

• Question

• Server 2008 R2 Ent, 2012

Hi there,

I have a SAN drive.  and two severs (Server 2008 R2 Ent ) manages my shared folders on the SAN (Fail over cluster)

there is a folder in one of my shared folders (with long name)

I am trying to delete the folder. but as soon as I try to delete it I receive the message below:

I tried it in command prompt

I have its back up on my NAS (Server 2012) and I can not delete the folder on my NAS as well

I have read a lot of instructions non of them works.

I tried to take the ownership of the folder as well. it did not work.

Any Idea?

• Edited by Alex_0s Monday, September 30, 2013 4:37 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

try this method.

1. press windows key + r
    2. type cmd.exe, press enter
    now suppose your folder is located in E:/Data/thisitemisnotgettingdeleted
    3. cd E:/Data
    Note the short foldername of the problem folder. example thisitemisnotgettingdeleted
    5. del thisitemisnotgettingdeleted
    just type thisitem then press tab and it will autofill the folder name it self.

lets us know if this worked for you or not so we  can approach another method for you.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply

Actually the full path is: "D:\Data\J\1\1\0\5\B\5595 AAA BBBBBB CCCCCC DDDDDD Effluent EEEEEFFFFFFFFF submittal from XXXXXXX YYYYY (5595   "

I just replace the word with the exact length of characters A ~ Y. 

and there are 3 empty sub-folders inside the folder.

I was able to rename all parent folders of the sub-folder with long name. but no luck with the sub-folder.

No luck to delete :-(

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:26 PM
  • You can give this portable utility a run and it should solve your problem for sure this time.

http://files.brothersoft.com/utilities/system_utilities/unlocker1.9.0-portable.zip

Download ,extract and run the version according to your OS version.

Run the UnlockerAssistant.exe then go to folder which you are trying to delete and it should show you options to select Rename Delete et.c chose DELETE from it and it should delete the folder.

Let us know again about your result.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:26 AM