none
Daylight saving for Scheduler Jobs RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that different time zones and daylight saving time was introduced for Azure Automation tasks. However, this still does not appear to have been applied to the Scheduler used in Scheduler Job Collection. Am I correct in this assumption or can someone tell me differently?
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 8:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Trossachs,

Azure Schedule currently supports jobs based on a fixed time offset. This means the actual local time when the job runs will change one hour forward or backward to account for daylight savings changes.

Regarding support for different time-zones, I recommend up-voting the existing feature request on this same topic. This the direct feedback channel to the engineering team responsible for Azure Scheduler.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:33 AM
  • Some additional information from the Scheduler PG: There is currently no immediate plan for Azure Scheduler to support job runs based on time-zones. However this is supported with Azure's Logic App orchestration service. 

Important note: features exposed in Azure logic app are a superset of Azure Scheduler.

For more information on Logic App, please visit HERE

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Trossachs,

Azure Schedule currently supports jobs based on a fixed time offset. This means the actual local time when the job runs will change one hour forward or backward to account for daylight savings changes.

Regarding support for different time-zones, I recommend up-voting the existing feature request on this same topic. This the direct feedback channel to the engineering team responsible for Azure Scheduler.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 10:33 AM
  • Some additional information from the Scheduler PG: There is currently no immediate plan for Azure Scheduler to support job runs based on time-zones. However this is supported with Azure's Logic App orchestration service. 

Important note: features exposed in Azure logic app are a superset of Azure Scheduler.

For more information on Logic App, please visit HERE

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:34 AM