AutoScaling Problem of Cient Area for Windows Mobile . RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am developing my Windows Mobile Application using VC#(VS2008) in .net3.5 .

I am using Windows Mobile 6 Professsional Emulator for designing my Customized Home Screen. My Application should be launched in a Landscape mode. My Form Size is 240,320 , AutoscaleMode is Dpi and AutoScaleDimension is SizeF(96F,96F) . But when i am running my application in my device(HTC Touch pro 2) , the Display of my Customized Home Screen is going wrong. The alignment of lebels , icons are all going wrong.

Moreover the Screen is coming towards the left side and in right side a huge gap is coming.

Please help me so that I can get the display of my customized Home screen in a correct manner.

Regards,

B Kundu 

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi All,

I am developing my Windows Mobile Application on VC#(VS2008) in .net 3.5.

I am using the Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator for designing my Form(Home Screen). My Customized Home Screen (Client Area) is 240x320 , AutoScaleMode is DPI and AutoScalDimensions is 96F,96F. My Application is for displaying in a Landscape Mode . But when i am running my application in real device(HTC Touch Pro2) , the alignment of custom Home Screen display (  lebel , icons everything) is going wrong. 

How can I correct the Home Screen Display for all Device ?

And my Screen is coming towards left side .

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

B Kundu   

• Merged by Bin-ze Zhao Friday, November 19, 2010 7:59 AM duplicated
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:32 AM
  • Hi,

1) Developing consistent apps for various WM devices is a huge PITA, but you probably already know that.

2) The 480x800 6.1.4 emulator "emulates" just fine for me, I'm not quite sure what your question in this regard is.

3) Regardless, the thing that you must be constantly aware of is the DPI. That HTC is a 192DPI device which, if your app was designed with a 96DPI base and is not scaling automatically or manually, will result in tiny objects (quarter of a size) on such device. And of course automatic scaling does not mean that everything will scale automatically either and unless your app is built entirely in visual designer, you can pretty much bet that manual scaling here and there will be required.

Check these posts:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesvbcs/thread/b5ea4b2d-6932-4646-b1b7-5c6d4a6f0aa3

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsmobiledev/thread/2f338230-2f41-4693-9dc6-13617e98b230

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Bin-ze Zhao Monday, November 22, 2010 5:43 AM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 7:57 AM