Annotations on 16 bit gray scale image

Question

• I am assigned a task 2 days back to take a 16 bit grayscale image in raw  pixel data..create annotations on top of that and again get the new image data in buffer.Can u please guide through steps.

I decided to use Direct2d for these.So i Initialy started with 8 bit grayscale image.i created a wicbitmap using data then i created a render target on top of that then i draw something and later i read those data back into buffer

It was working fine.Now i wanted to do it with 16 bit grayscale data..and i created a wicbitmap.so what rendertarget should i choose so it supports 16 bit data..I m am fine even it becomes 48 bit as in 16 bits per channel

Thursday, September 04, 2014 4:13 PM

All replies

• Hi ankushsharma,

I would invite some senior engineers to help you with your issue, it may take few days, please be patient. Thanks for your understanding.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 12:59 AM
  • Thank you for your support

I would explain my problem more specifically

I work with Dicom files.dicom files are self contained files contating medicalimages,Images are grayscale image and can be 12 bit or 14 bit image.Now i wanted to draw annotation on top of these.I donot have an option of making it 8 bit becuase while exporting i give option of 12 bit to user.So i cannot downgrade my image to 8 bit.

I have a 16 bit grayscale in memory.i Wanted to load it on bitmap draw some lines and the pixel data back

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 4:59 AM
  • Hi there,

So for 48 bit, how about handling R,G B channel separately like the 8 bit dealing way?

or have you checked this sample: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Direct2D-and-WIC-Image-149448cf?

Regards,

Jenny

• Edited by JennyLi-MSFT Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:29 AM
    Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:15 AM