none
Drag & Drop data reflected in access database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a form that represents stock locations with textboxes and stock list in datagridview for each location. When the user uses these stock items, the user drags it from one textbox to another and updates quantities so others know where that stock is and how much we have.

The problem I have is I now want to put this on several computers and as such need to store the data in an access database on the network and have that data refresh on all instances of the form. How do I do this without having to empty all the textboxes and datagridview and then reload it all on a 1 second timer?

I have heard there is a way to check for changes, would this work and how would I go about using this method?

Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:14 AM

Answers

• Hello,

There are no internal methods for MS-Access to refresh or a class in .NET to send a notification that data has changed. SQL-Server has this capability. MS-Access was never designed with this in mind.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Hayzee Monday, June 12, 2017 4:27 AM
    Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

There are no internal methods for MS-Access to refresh or a class in .NET to send a notification that data has changed. SQL-Server has this capability. MS-Access was never designed with this in mind.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Hayzee Monday, June 12, 2017 4:27 AM
    Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Ok, thank you.

I may just have to put a refresh button on the form and do it that way.

Monday, June 12, 2017 4:27 AM