none
Sync Framework Replacement RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using the Microsoft Sync Framework for an enterprise wide application. We recently went to upgrade servers (to Server 2012) it resides on and found out that the Sync Framework is no longer being supported above Server 2008 R2.

We are stuck on a Server 2008 R2, and would like to move up to Server 2012 sometime in the future.  Is there a replacement for the Sync Framework that will work on Server 2012?

Also, we have been having a lot of difficulties in regards to the sync files being corrupted.  The corruption of the files causes issues for us.  Is there a way to reduce the corruption of the sync files as well?

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:07 PM

All replies

• We are stuck on a Server 2008 R2, and would like to move up to Server 2012 sometime in the future.  Is there a replacement for the Sync Framework that will work on Server 2012?

Hi, anyone in tech help...

This question is very important for me too.

Will Sync Framework be updated by Microsoft.

Or we must prepare a migration because this technology will have the same destiny of Silverlight?

Thanks.

Monday, June 4, 2018 1:42 PM
  • Hi, currently we have a POS project running in SQL Server 2017 std and  sql  server express 2014 (Client site).  this project used to run against SQL 2012  for 3 years with no problem.  i think  database is only the data storage, we don't have any problem with sql 2017. It's a pretty reliable solution for us. 
    • Edited by Ken_Liao Monday, July 23, 2018 3:07 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 2:59 PM