none
Problem with skeleton tracking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi...

I have a few problems when i try to work with skeleton tracking. Firts i can run the sample skeletal viewer without trouble but when i try to run the skeletal viewer in C# the fps down to 8 or 9 and dont show any skeleton also the color video stops or run extremely slowly. Brief: When i use the skeleton tracking everything crushes. 

At firts i thought it was cause by my hardware (AMD V160 2.40 Ghz - 2 GB RAM) but the sample skeletal viewer runs fine...

Do you think my problem could be hardware, software, or what??

thanks in advance... Sorry about my English :)

Monday, September 12, 2011 6:13 AM

All replies

• Does this happen always for you, even after a fresh reboot with few/none other applications running? I'm just trying to determine if you're running into resource utilization problems.

Also, when the application crashes, how does it crash? What exception/error message do you see generated? Also, if you managed to debug code or get an exception callstack, what line of code in C# sample triggered the exception?

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, September 12, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi, thanks for answer...

Yes... i try reboot, close all programas, change the windows configuration like disable effects. The program doesn't crash, instead it turns slowly and sometimes dont work. For example when i show a video rgb and a deph image, the depth image runs fine, but the video rgb dont run or stuck. The wierd thing is that it worked some days ago and now it doesn't. The only thing I can think of is that I dropped the kinect by accident but nothing serious happend to it appearently. For example i make a code for giving to me the coordinates of the head and show the rgb video... when i try to run that, the video works fine but the skeleton dont... and if i disable the video the skeleton works.

My question is: is possible that the kinect are damaged or is just a problem of my windows??

Thanks

Rafael Poveda
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:40 AM
  • Hmmm, I'm not sure. Do you have a friend with a Kinect device? If so, the most convenient way to know for sure whether kinect was damaged is to borrow a different Kinect device and try it on the same machine. If other device works and yours doesn't then it means that yours was probably damaged.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:22 PM