How to change the Binding property of a Screen item manually? RRS feed

• Question

• I was using an unfiltering collection's selected item to show the details in a screen. The DataBinding property in my Vertical Stack says "RequestFormCollection.SelectedItem". I need to change the screen to bind the Vertical Stack that i already have to a SingleOrDefault data item that I added to the screen. So far the only way I can see of accomplishing this is to drag-drop the SingleOrDefault query into the screen and re-arrage the fields to make them look like the Vertical Stack that i already have and then delete the old Vertical Stack. I am thinking there should be an easy way to re-use that Vertical Stack that i already have, for example manually changing the DataBinding property to "RequestForms_SingleOrDefault" (the singleOrdefault query I added to the screen). Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Monday, February 7, 2011 3:47 PM

Answers

• Changing the binding source is not supported in the current version.  The limitation is there largely because the layout tree is created based on the type of the source item, and it is hard to be reused if the type of the data source item is changed.  Although, in your scenario, the binding path is changed, but the data type isn't, so it makes sense to reuse the existing layout item.

Thanks

LLF
    • Marked as answer by juantar Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:03 PM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:10 AM