none
How to test your add-in with Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been scouring the internet and found 0 on this. 

I recently got rejected, again, and this time they mentioned browser compatibility going back as far as ie 9. This is specific to office 365. I would like to test on this platform but cannot add my app into the add-ins like I can with the installed version. I use a network share to accomplish this. 

Has anyone else found a way to test in 365? Please let me know.

Friday, October 9, 2015 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you developing an add-in for Office and want to test the add-in using Office online? If I understood correctly, we can config the add-in in Visual Studio like figure below:

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 12, 2015 1:48 AM
  • You are correct that I wish to test in the Office web app. 

I tried your suggestion however I cannot choose that option as it is not present. 

The only option is "Office Desktop Client". I found there was an update to the office tools for VS and ran that but I still only see the one option.

Any suggestions?

Monday, October 12, 2015 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

Can you reproduce this issue on other machine? It seems that the web browser is not detected by the system. I suggest that you try to re-install the web browser to see whether it is helpful.

And to use the latest feature in Office add-in, I also suggest that you update the Visual Studio to the latest version.

You can refer to article below for more detail:
    Update the version of your JavaScript API for Office and manifest schema files

If the issue is still exited, would you mind sharing the detail version of Visual Studio you were developing with?

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 8:23 AM
  • This is a work machine and I am actively working on a web application at the same time and have no issues with any of the browsers I have installed running.

I am using Visual Studio 2013 with all updates. I cannot update to the newest version yet as we do not wish to update the entire office.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Can you modify the OfficeAndSharePointStartAction in {ProjectName}.csproj.user file with notepad like below if you creating the project with C#:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Project ToolsVersion="12.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
      <PropertyGroup>
        <SharePointSiteUrl>https://officedevgroup.sharepoint.com/sites/appdev/</SharePointSiteUrl>
        <OfficeAndSharePointStartAction>Internet Explorer</OfficeAndSharePointStartAction>
        <OfficeAppStartDocument>&lt;NewExcelWorkbook&gt;</OfficeAppStartDocument>
      </PropertyGroup>

If it is still not helpful, would you mind sharing the detail steps how you create the project and the detail version of Visual Studio?

Regards & Fei

Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:53 AM
  • I tried your suggestion and there was no change. One thing to note is that none of the structure you show existed previously. I even set IE as my default browser (was chrome) and still it only shows the one option. I even tried creating a new project and I see the same options. 

I created this project in VS2013 using the most up to date version of VS and the Office developer tools. When I created a new project these were the steps. 

New > Project > Office/SharePoint > Office Add-ins > Word 2013 Add-in

Then I choose the "Task pane app" option.

This project type makes use of the JavaScript API for Office v1.1

This is the file I am referencing in the Head of my site

<script src="https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/lib/1.1/hosted/office.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I am using bootstrap and AngularJS in the app as well.

There is no C# this is a purely JavaScript project.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 9:02 PM
  • I tried your suggestion and there was no change. One thing to note is that none of the structure you show existed previously. I even set IE as my default browser (was chrome) and still it only shows the one option. I even tried creating a new project and I see the same options. 

I created this project in VS2013 using the most up to date version of VS and the Office developer tools. When I created a new project these were the steps. 

New > Project > Office/SharePoint > Office Add-ins > Word 2013 Add-in

Then I choose the "Task pane app" option.

This project type makes use of the JavaScript API for Office v1.1

This is the file I am referencing in the Head of my site

<script src="https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/lib/1.1/hosted/office.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I am using bootstrap and AngularJS in the app as well.

There is no C# this is a purely JavaScript project.

Based on my understanding, when we create the Office add-in based on the default template provided by Visual Studio, we need to choose the language first. Here is an figure for your reference:

Would you mind sharing a demo project with us? You can upload if via OneDrive.

Please feel free to let me know if I misunderstood.

Regards & Fei

Thursday, October 22, 2015 6:57 AM