none
How do I know where the end point service is in WCF app? RRS feed

• Question

• I have never seen WPF or WCF and I was asked to debug an app, so I am going to try making this question intelligible.

I am pretty sure this is a WCF app with WCF projects added to the solution.  There is a method on the MainWindow.xaml.cs page that calls a method in a WCF service.  At first when I added a breakpoint on the method and step into it, it didn't go anywhere, it just errored.  I looked into the App.config file for the WPF app and it shows an end point pointing to a service on our test server.  I pulled the service code from source control and added it as another project in this solution.

I want to change the end point address to this service that is now in the solution, but not sure what the address would be.  I assume it should run on localhost.  Any tips or ideas for debugging this sort of thing?

Simon.

Monday, March 23, 2015 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hi battlFrog,

>>I want to change the end point address to this service that is now in the solution, but not sure what the address would be.

What do you mean about the above message? I wonder if you want to let the client to reference to the service which is now in the solution, but not pointing to a service on your test server. If so, first please try to make sure that service which is now in the solution can work well. After that please try to use the "Add Services Reference" to help you reference the service which is now in the solution. Once it finishes, you can get the correct endpoint address in your client config file. 
    Besides, if your service is a self-host application, you can change the service address in the service side by modifying the baseaddress, if your service host in the IIS, you can modify the service address by doing some IIS configuration.
    If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. 

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:34 AM