none
FILESYS and FSVOL debug messages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

WinCE600R3 + iMX51.

i'm trying to debug my OS that (sometimes!) hangs somewhere just started.

If i run the debug version, the problem is not present.

I'm comparing the debug log but i'm not able to find the 'FILESYS:xxxx' and 'FSVOL: xxxx' messages.

Where are located?

SteMMo

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:42 PM

All replies

• This could be the timing issue of some driver in your image. I had the similar issue previously that debug image was working fine and the retail image was hanging somewhere.The issue was with my USB Function driver initialization.

are you comparing debug log with retail log ?

Rakesh.

Friday, June 15, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Yes, but of course they are ather different in size.

On the retail version I see:

OEMInit: silicon rev = 0x20
    BoardID = 0x0.
    PID2=0415A805D9005180
    -OEMInit
    OALIoCtlHalInitRTC(2006/1/1 12:0:0.000)
    WARNING: SRTC was reset.
    -OALIoCtlHalInitRTC(rc = 1)
    - BSPPmicInit 1
    - BSPPmicInit 2
    - BSPPmicInit 3
    - BSPPmicInit 4
    - BSPPmicInit 5
    - BSPPmicInit 7
    - BSPPmicInit 8
    - BSPPmicInit 100
    - InitializePMIC 4
    - InitializePMIC 5
    - InitializePMIC 6
    - InitializePMIC 7
    - InitializePMIC 9
    BspPmicSdkInit  BspPmicSdkInit
    SDHC +Init 1
    SDHC +Init 2
    SDHC +Init 3
    - PwrMonThread
    sleep1 0 0 0

and it stops (into the Sleep() ?!?!?!).

The debug log is verbose but i can find some common messages (with different 'overlapping'):

- BSPPmicInit 100 
    - InitializePMIC 4 
    InitializePMIC(): IOCTL_HAL_REQUEST_SYSINTR irq:88 dwSysIntrPmic:12
    -DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2.
    DEVICE!I_ActivateDeviceEx: can't find all required activation values in 'Notify'
    - PwrMonThread 
    IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!!
    sleep1 0 0 0
     InitializePMIC 5 
    - InitializePMIC 6 
    - InitializePMIC 7 
    IOCTL_HAL_RTC_INIT Fail, error 50
    - InitializePMIC 9 
    DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\PMI) last 120 Ticks
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\ESDHC1\BusPrefix) returned 2
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'esdhc.dll' (0x9BF2CCF0) at address 0xC0DB0000-0xC0DD1000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x8141CAA0)
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'pmicsdk_mc13892.dll' (0x9BF2CE28) at address 0xC0E50000-0xC0E67000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x8141CAA0)
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'sdbus.dll' (0x9BF24000) at address 0xC0AF0000-0xC0B2A000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x8141CAA0)
    SDBusDriver: PROCESS_ATTACH 
    SDHCDGetHCFunctions: +Init
    SDHCDGetHCFunctions: -Init
    SDHC +Init
    SDHC Active RegPath: Drivers\
    Active\4294967284 
    SDHC +Init 1
    SDHC +Init 2
    +CESDHCBase::Init: Active RegPath: Drivers\Active\4294967284
    +CESDHCBase::Init: 2
    +CESDHCBase::Init: 3
    +CESDHCBase::Init: 4
    +CESDHCBase::Init: 5
    +CESDHCBase::Init: 6
    SDBusDriver: No System Context, bus driver may not have started 
    CESDHCBase::Init: Failed to register host controller: c
    000000b08X
    +CESDHCBDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2.
    DEVICE!I_ActivateDeviceEx: can't find all required activation values in 'Notify'
    ase::Init: 8
    -CESDHCBase::Init
    SDHC +Deinit
    SDHC -Deinit
    SDHC -Init
    SDHC +Init 3
    DEVICE!LaunchDevice: Init() failed for device 0xd0048580
    DEVICE!I_ActivateDeviceEx: couldn't activate: prefix SHC, index 1, dll esdhc.dll, context 0xd024e67c
    OSAXST1: <<< Unloading Module 'esdhc.dll' (0x9BF2CCF0) at address 0xC0DB0000-0xC0DD1000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x8141CAA0)
    OSAXST1: <<< Unloading Module 'pmicsdk_mc13892.dll' (0x9BF2CE28) at address 0xC0E50000-0xC0E67000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x8141CAA0)
    OSAXST1: <<< Unloading Module 'sdbus.dll' (0x9BF24000) at address 0xC0AF0000-0xC0B2A000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x8141CAA0)
    SDBusDriver: PROCESS_DETACH

DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\ESDHC1) last 155 Ticks
    FILESYS: Waiting for bootable file system to be mounted.
    FILESYS: Device started.  Boot file system ready.
    FSREG: Unable to read value "SystemHiveInitialSize" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars
    FSVOL: Opening existing volume
    FSVOL: Volume heap already initialized
    FSREG: Mounted ROM portion of system hive
    FILESYS: Loading system hive from \Registry\system.hv.
    FSREG: Mounting clean system hive
    BuildPath: Registry
    FSVOL: Creating new volume (size=28672 bytes)
    FSVOL: Initializing volume heap
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    FSREG: Taking down boot registry.  Any open keys will be invalid.
    FILESYS: Registry in place.
    FSREG: Unable to read value "RegistryFlags" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars
    FSVOL: Using system database volume "\Documents and Settings\default.vol"
    BuildPath: Documents and Settings
    FSREG: Unable to read value "RequireCertMod" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars
    FSREG: Unable to read value "NoDefaultUser" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars
    FSREG: Logging in default user.
    SetCurrentUser: Logging out (nobody), logging in User
    BuildPath: Registry
    BuildPath: Registry\User
    FSREG: Mounting ROM portion of user hive
    FSVOL: Opening existing volume
    Mounting user hive from \Registry\User\user.hv
    FSREG: Mounting clean user hive
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0

First of all i see that the problem is not on the RTC, the sleepx are not blocked but after my last common output (SDHC +Init 3) there are lot of messages i did not find in the source code and they are related to the build of the file system (i guess..) but no messages in retail mode.

SteMMo

Friday, June 15, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Yes,  In retail build the OS comopnent (Filesys) logs will not be printed and some code might be in private tree (for your reference).

I see that there is a problem with SD driver. I suggest first you remove the SD driver from the image and then verify both debug build and retail build. Also remove the hive based registry and verify.

Rakesh.

Friday, June 15, 2012 8:33 AM
  • In the verbose log i also see the SD problem, but the image started!

The board has a SD card where the Os (+storage) is located.

What happen if i remove the SD driver? Maybe i will not able to see the fs outside the image?

SteMMo

Friday, June 15, 2012 8:50 AM
  • The hang issue could be very difficult to find out in some cases. The one way to find out is build the tiny kernel image and start adding require driver one by one and debug. The other way is try removing driver one by one from the image and debug.

Sometime the failure in debug build does not make the system hang but failure in retail build can hang the system. You have to find-out the reason.

The other suggestion is: In RETAIL build convert all the DEBUGMSG's macro to RETAILMSG macro in your BSP (including OAL) and captures the logs.

Rakesh.

Friday, June 15, 2012 12:07 PM
  • Thanks a lot, Rakesh.

I'll try one of the solution.

Converting the DEBUGMSG into RETAILMSG is also my solution: that's why i'm looking for the FSREG:, FSVOL: and FILESYS:, just to check when/where they stop and compare with debug log.

in particular i'd like to find out if the process goes over:

FILESYS: Device started.  Boot file system ready.

SteMMo

Friday, June 15, 2012 12:31 PM
  • I've removed the items 'SD Memory', 'SDIO Standard Host Control' and 'SD Bus driver'.

I'm stucked on the same point (retail).

Which driver can i remove now (looking the debug log) ??

SteMMo

Friday, June 15, 2012 1:50 PM
  •  Please post the log. Remove the hive based registry. Also convert all DEBUGMSG to RETAILMSG in OAL and KERNEL and capture the log.

You can use the following code to convert debugmsg to retailmsg in each file :)

#undef DEBUGMSG

#define DEBUGMSG RETAILMSG

Friday, June 15, 2012 2:08 PM
  • Do you mean into the C:\WINCE600\PRIVATE\WINCEOS\COREOS\NK\KERNEL\  and C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\MozartPlus\SRC\OAL\ directories?

SteMMo

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:10 PM
  • No, do not modify anything under \PRIVATE source code tree. That is not recommended. What i mean was to modify your PLATFORM specific code. The Platform specific code for your platform is located at:

C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\MozartPlus\
    C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\XYZ

The OAL code is located at,
    C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\MozartPlus\SRC\OAL\ 
    C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\XYZ\OAL

Regards,
    Rakesh.

Friday, June 15, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Unfortunately, nothing changed :(

I removed registry hive and sdhc support but the log is:

CKIH2_CAMP2 =          0 Hz
        CKIH2       =          0 Hz
        FPM         =   33554432 Hz
    Windows CE Kernel for ARM (Thumb Enabled) Built on Nov  3 2010 at 07:30:04
    INFO:OALLogSetZones: dpCurSettings.ulZoneMask: 0xb
    PID1=0415A805D9005180
    BoardID = 0x0.
    .µz5%¹¥ÑÁÉ¥µ…‚½Ý•É%¹¥Ñ5RjzUÕ*Ê+‹Ö
                                        ÕëW–®)+‹WH¨éªT*Ê+‹WHøOALIoCtlHalInitRTC(2006/1/1 12:0:0.000)
    - BSPPmicInit 1
    - BSPPmicInit 3
    - BSPPmicInit 4
    - BSPPmicInit 8
    - BSPPmicInit 100
    - InitializePMIC 4
    - InitializePMIC 5
    - InitializePMIC 6
    - InitializePMIC 7
    - InitializePMIC 9
    - PwrMonThread
    sleep1 0 0 0

and stops. Sometimes the PwrMonThread is able to run and i only see a sequence of 'sleep1 0 0 0' and 'sleep2' but the image does not proceed.

SteMMo

Saturday, June 16, 2012 8:50 AM
  • I removed SIP driver, battery driver to fake, usb modem driver and nothing changed :((

My WinCE is aligned with the cumulative patches of 20101231.

Do you know if some more recent patches are critical and so best to install?

SteMMo

Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:30 AM
  • Hello, just returned from vacation....

I enabled other debug messages and now i receive the log:

... FILESYS: RAM File System FSD_MountDisk registering folder "Object Store" FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "Object Store" at index 4FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Registered volume at index 4 (Name="Object Store", MountFlagsFSDMGR!PNPThread: Using PNPUnloadDelay of 4096 FSDMGR!PNPThread: PNPThread starting! =0x40)FILESYS: Starting boot phase 1. FSDMGR!STOREMGR_StartBootPhase BootPhase=1 (PrevBootPhase=0) FSDMGR!AutoLoadFileSystems: CurrentBootPhase=1, LoadFlags=1 FILESYS: Starting device and waiting for boot file system. OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'device.dll' (0x9BF4EA24) at address 0xC0510000-0xC0515000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'devmgr.dll' (0x9BF4EB5C) at address 0xC0520000-0xC0547000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'k.ceddk.dll' (0x9BF4EC94) at address 0xC07A0000-0xC07AE000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'pm.dll' (0x9BF4EDCC) at address 0xC0570000-0xC0597000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) *** DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH - Current Process: 0x42, ID: 0x400002 *** Filesys: Loaded device.dll FILESYS: Waiting for device manager to signal BootPhase1 completion. +InitDeviceFileSystems FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "$device" at index 5FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Registered volume at index 5 (Name="$device", MountFlags=0x1)FSDMGR!MountTabl
    e_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "$bus" at index 6FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Registered volume at index 6 (Name="$bus", MountFlags=0x1)-InitDeviceFileSystems: status is 1 Ceddk!CalibrateStallCounter: Enter Ceddk!CalibrateStallCounter: Could not find stall counter Ceddk!BeginCalibration: min(8001) max(8889) Ceddk!BeginCalibration: Elapsed is 8825 Ceddk!BeginCalibration: Delay is 77 DEVICE!DevloadInit DEVICE!InitDevices: Root Key is Drivers\BuiltIn. DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\Prefix) returned 2 DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\BusPrefix) returned 2 OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'busenum.dll' (0x9BF4245C) at address 0xC0560000-0xC056B000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\CSPDDK\Prefix) returned 2 DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\CSPDDK\BusPrefix) returned 2 OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'cspddk.dll' (0x9BF37A5C) at address 0xC1310000-0xC1320000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\CSPDDK) last 42 TicksDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\ECSPI1\BusPrefix) returned 2 OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'ecspi.dll' (0x9BF29A2C) at address 0xC1350000-0xC135E000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\ECSPI1) last 23 TicksDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\PMI\BusPrefix) returned 2 OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'pmicpdk_mc13892.dll' (0x9BF265A0) at address 0xC1840000-0xC184E000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'i2csdk.dll' (0x9BF266D8) at address 0xC1390000-0xC1397000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'ecspisdk.dll' (0x9BF26810) at address 0xC1360000-0xC1366000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) PMICCspiInit: PMICCSPIInit++++++++ PMICCspiInit: PMICCSPIInit------ InitializePMIC(): successfully detected MC13892 PMIC. InitializePMIC(): IOCTL_HAL_REQUEST_SYSINTR irq:88 dwSysIntrPmic:12 IOCTL_HAL_RTC_INIT Fail, error 50 DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\PMI) last 65 TicksDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueExDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2. DEVICE!I_ActivateDeviceEx: can't find all required activation values in 'Notify' DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2. DEVICE!I_ActivateDeviceEx: can't find all required activation values in 'Notify' IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! (Drivers\BuiltIn\SDBusDriver\BusPrefix) returned 2 OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'sdbus.dll' (0x9BF1EEDC) at address 0xC0DA0000-0xC0DD2000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) SDBusDriver: PROCESS_ATTACH SDBusDriver: +SDC_Init SDBusDriver: Bus Driver instance created : 0xD0049690 ! -SDC_Init DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\SDBusDriver) last 63 TicksDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\ESDHC1\BusPrefix) returned 2 OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'esdhc.dll' (0x9BF1821C) at address 0xC1670000-0xC1691000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'pmicsdk_mc13892.dll' (0x9BF18354) at address 0xC1820000-0xC1837000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x846A9AA0) BspPmicSdkInit BspPmicSdkInit SDHCDGetHCFunctions: +Init SDHCDGetHCFunctions: -Init SDHC +Init SDHC Active RegPath: Drivers\Active\4294967285 +CESDHCBase::Init: Active RegPath: Drivers\Active\4294967285 SlotpOptionHandler: Caps = 0x13c, HSS = 0x1 SDHCInitialize++ CESDHCBase::Start: PROCTL set value = 7000021 CESDHCBase32BitADMA2:Create DMA Object for ADMA2 DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2. DEVICE!I_ActivateDeviceEx: can't find all required activation values in 'Notify' SDHCInitialize-- -CESDHCBase::Init SDHC -Init DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\ESDHC1) last 84 TicksDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2. DEVICE!I_ActivateDeviceEx: can't find all required activation values in 'Notify' FILESYS: Waiting for bootable file system to be mounted.

SteMMo

Monday, July 9, 2012 1:03 PM
  • from the above conversion i understand that you have removed the hive based registry. How did you disable the Hive based registry?

Vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com http://www.e-consystems.com

Monday, July 9, 2012 3:57 PM
  • In my last tests happens that if i choose RAM-based registry the image is able to start and the storage in SD card is mounted in /SDMemory folder.

If i select Hive-based registry, the image stops on the reported error.

The changes are made on the Catalog Items View on VS2005.

SteMMo

Monday, July 9, 2012 4:56 PM
  • Did you give clean sysgen build after change from RAM based to Hive based registry?

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:25 AM
  • what about bsp_hive_sdhc=1 in the environment variables??

SteMMo

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:54 AM
  • This is BSP specific environmental variable. you may find it in your platorm.reg to add registry settings for implementing hive based registry on SD card. from the above debug messages, you haven't set SDCard as a bootable device. you have to set the SDCARD as mountbootable.

See the link for hive based registry implementation

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee490032%28v=winembedded.60%29.aspx

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:33 AM
  • In the bin image file we have in both 'registry' and 'boot registry' the keys

hklm\system\storagemanager\Profiles\SdMemory MountAsBootable=1

and again i have the same error: FILESYS: Waiting for bootable file system to be mounted.

BTW: my guess is that this problem is different fron the original one ... maybe introduced by some changes ...

PS: we have not choose the 'File System - intenal' item: my guess is default on 'RAM and ROM File System'.

SteMMo

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:25 PM
  • you have to choose either ROM only or RAM and ROM only Filesystem to enable hive based registry. select RAM and ROM only FS and try the clean sysgen.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Try1:

selected RomRam FS, Hive Registry, no BSP_HIVE_SDHC (that adds some init\BootVars, some Driver\builtin\*, some System\StorageManager\Profiles\* ((included MountAsRoot=1 and MountAsBootable=1 for SDMemory)) items).

The image starts without problems, the FS doesn't mount the SdMemory folder.

Try2:

added BSP_HIVE_SDHC=1 varibles. The result is the original error with an infinite loop between sleep1 and sleep2, some error talking with the sdcard and the wait for bootable FS:

SDBusDriver: Host Controller "ESDHC" assigned number 0
    SlotpOptionHandler: Caps = 0x13c, HSS = 0x1
    SDBusDriver: SlotStatusChange Work Item Starting Up 
    SDHCInitialize++
    CESDHCBase::Start: PROCTL set value = 7000021
    CESDHCBase32BitADMA2:Create DMA Object for ADMA2
    SDHCInitialize--
    SDHC -Init
    SDHC +Init 3
    DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\ESDHC1) last 110 Ticks
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2.
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    CESDHCBase::SetInterface: Setting for 1 bit mode
    CESDHCBase::SetInterface: PROCTL value = 0x7000029
    SDSetCardInterfaceForSlot - HC ClockRate differs desired setting: desired: 100000 Hz, Actual : 98958 Hz 
    HandleCommandErrors - STATUS ERROR BITS=0x00010000
    DumpCurrentRequest: 0xD0048A00
    	 Command: 5
    	 Argument: 0x00000000
    	 Respon
    seType: 5
    	 NumBlocks: 0
    	 BlockSize: 0
    	 HCParam: 0
    +DumpESDHCRegs-------------------------
    DSADDR 0x00000008 
    BLKATTR 0x00010008 
    CMDARG 0x00000000 
    XFERTYP 0x05020000 
    CMDRSP0 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP1 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP2 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP3 0x00000000 
    PRSSTAT 0xFF890008 
    PROCTL 0x07000029 
    SYSCTL 0x000E10EF 
    IRQSTAT 0x00010000 
    AUTOC12ERR 0x00000000 
    HOSTCAPBLT 0x07F30000 
    WML 0x08100810 
    HOSTVER 0x00001201 
    -DumpESDHCRegs-------------------------
    HandleCommandErrors - Command line error (0x10000). Resetting CMD line.
    DumpCurrentRequest: 0xD0048A00
    	 Command: 1
    	 Argument: 0x000e0000
    	 ResponseType: 4
    DSADDR 0x00000008 
    BLKATTR 0x00010008 
    CMDARG 0x000E0000 
    XFERTYP 0x01020000 
    CMDRSP0 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP1 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP2 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP3 0x00000000 
    PRSSTAT 0xFF890008 
    PROCTL 0x07000029 
    SYSCTL 0x000E10EF 
    IRQSTAT 0x00010000 
    AUTOC12ERR 0x00000000 
    HOSTCAPBLT 0x07F30000 
    WML 0x08100810 
    HOSTVER 0x00001201 
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    sleep2

SteMMo

Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:31 AM
  • I imagine that BSP_HIVE_SDHC should have the effect of including the SDHC driver in the boot registry in order to use a SD memory card as the storage where the hive files will be saved but this is not working. What about the registry entries for the SDmemory driver? Are they included in the  boot registry wrapped  in

; HIVE BOOT SECTION / ; END HIVE BOOT SECTION

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:51 AM
  • The SD errors are not important (i guess) but i discovered that i selected a 'Legacy SD bus driver' but i'm using a 4GB card.

So I selected 'SD bus driver' and the image goes on but it stops with other error:

sleep2 IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! sleep1 0 0 0 Initializing Database DB:Validation: Name already exists DB_notify_events DB:CeCreateDatabase failed DB:Validation: Name already exists DB_notify_events DB:CeCreateDatabase failed FileSys: DEBUGCHK failed in file C:\ymzki\private\winceos\COREOS\filesys\dbase\.\btrees.c at line 567 KdTrap: JIT debugging requested, waiting for OEM selection KdTrap: JIT debugging accepted Exception 'Data Abort' (4): Thread-Id=005d0002(pth=9bf992c4), Proc-Id=00400002(pprc=817acaa0) 'NK.EXE', VM-active=00400 002(pprc=817acaa0) 'NK.EXE' PC=80233d20(kitl.dll+0x00013d20) RA=8022b424(kitl.dll+0x0000b424) SP=d00bed14, BVA=00000010 Recursively calling KDEnableInt(FALSE, psvdThread != NULL) 1 time(s). This OK if KdStub stumbling on its own BP. KdTrap: Exception in debugger, Addr=0x80233D20 - attempting to recover RtlDispatchException: returning failure. Flags=0 KPSLExceptionHandler: flags=1 ControlPc=c025e318 RtlDispatchException: returning failure. Flags=1 Recursively calling KDEnableInt(FALSE, psvdThread != NULL) 1 time(s). This OK if KdStub stumbling on its own BP. KdTrap: Exception in debugger, Addr=0xC025E318 - unable to recover Unhandled exception c0000005: Terminating thread 9bf992c4 Secondary thread in proc 00400002 faulted, Exception code = c0000005, Exception Address = c025e318! Terminating Thread 005d0002 sleep2 IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady instead!! sleep1 0 0 0

SteMMo

Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:57 AM
  • Reading some posts I decided to delete the \Document and Settings\default.vol and I had no more databases errors and the image started.

New problem: when i reset the board, the following boot stopped at FILESYS: Waiting for bootable file system to be mounted.

I resetted angain and again received same error.

If i unplug and then replug the SD card, the image starts normally ...  ?????

I don't understand .. maybe the SD remains in a bad state??

SteMMo

Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Results after some other tests:

- we created images that mount the FS in RAM and the SD storage in the SDMemory folder.

If we choose Profiles/SDMemory/ MountAsBootable=0 and MountAsRoot=0 and Autoload/ObjectStore MountAsBootable=1 and MountAsRoot=1, we have two folders SDMemory (RAM) and SDMemory2 (SD Storage). The registry was saved in RAM and we had no problems at all.

Changing Profiles/SDMemory/ MountAsBootable=1 and MountAsRoot=0 and Autoload/ObjectStore MountAsBootable=0 and MountAsRoot=1, the registry is saved on the storage: now we have problems; the image sometimes starts correctly, other times the images stops showing:

Any idea??

SteMMo

Friday, July 13, 2012 1:11 PM
  • I compared the log files generated by the start of the image: one for a good start and one for a bad start.

They are identical !!!!

Windows CE Kernel for ARM (Thumb Enabled) Built on Nov  3 2010 at 07:30:19
    ProcessorType=0c08  Revision=5 CpuId=0x412fc085
    OEMAddressTable = 80201524
    INFO:OALLogSetZones: dpCurSettings.ulZoneMask: 0xb
    PID1=0415A805D9005180 
    BoardID = 0x0.
    PID2=0415A805D90ðªŠÂ‚j¤üWARN: OALKitlInit: KITL Disabled
    -OEMInit
    Setting up softlog at 0x9bff8000 for 0x800 entries
    Booting Windows CE version 6.00 for (ARM)
    &pTOC = 817bec1c, pTOC = 8174ff94, pTOC->ulRamFree = 817c3000, MemForPT = 00001000
    Configuring: Primary pages: 108541, Secondary pages: 0, Filesystem pages = 13567
    Booting kernel with clean memory configuration:
    Memory Sections:
    [0] : start: 817c5000, extension: 00036000, length: 1a7fd000
    NKStartup done, starting up kernel.
    Windows CE KernelInit
    Reserve VM for kernel XIP DLls, first = c0010000, last = c1130000
    g_pprcNK == 0x817bcaa0
    Updated eptr->e32_vsize to = 0001f000
    Initializing Memory Mapped File Support
    Scheduling the first thread.
    Detecting VFP... VFP Found!
    LoaderInit: Initialing loader
    Updated eptr->e32_vsize to = 0001f000
    Updated eptr->e32_vsize to = 000a4000
    Updated eptr->e32_vsize to = 00036000
    PGPOOL: Reserved 768 pages for Loader pool
    PGPOOL: Reserved 256 pages for File pool
    OSAXST0: Platform Name = i.MX51
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'kd.dll' (0x9BFD4B50) at address 0xC0010000-0xC0045000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    KD: Starting kernel debugger software probe (KdStub) - KD API version 22
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0) at address 0x80200000-0x8021F000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    Message Queue support initialized, g_hMsgQHeap = d0080000
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'filesys.dll' (0x9BFB0B1C) at address 0xC01E0000-0xC027D000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0
    )
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'k.fpcrt.dll' (0x9BFB0C54) at address 0xC01C0000-0xC01D8000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0
    )
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'fsdmgr.dll' (0x9BFB0D9C) at address 0xC05F0000-0xC0636000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    FSDMGR!DllMain: DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH
    CertMod.dll not found, using old OEM Trust Model
    FileSystem Starting - starting with clean file system
    OALIoCtlHalInitRTC(2006/1/1 12:0:0.000)
    FSDMGR!STOREMGR_Initialize
    FSDMGR!InitializeStoreAPI
    FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "StoreMgr" at index 2FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Registere
    d volume at index 2 (Name="StoreMgr", MountFlags=0x1)FSDMGR!InitializeROMFileSystem: File System=ROM
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'romfsd.dll' (0x9BF742C4) at address 0xC0280000-0xC0287000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "ROM" at index 3FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Registered vol
    ume at index 3 (Name="ROM", MountFlags=0x71)FSVOL: Opening existing volume
    FSREG: Mounted ROM portion of boot registry
    FSVOL: Creating clean virtual volume
    FSREG: Mounted RAM portion of boot registry
    FS: Creating signal event SYSTEM/DevMgrApiSetReady
    FS: Creating signal event SYSTEM/PowerManagerReady
    FS: Creating signal event SYSTEM/GweApiSetReady
    FS: Creating signal event SYSTEM/BatteryAPIsReady
    FILESYS: Starting boot phase 0.
    FSDMGR!STOREMGR_StartBootPhase BootPhase=0 (PrevBootPhase=-1)
    FSDMGR: File security disabled.
    FSDMGR!AutoLoadFileSystems: CurrentBootPhase=0, LoadFlags=1
    FSDMGR!AutoLoadFileSystem: CurrentBootPhase=0, RootKey=System\StorageManager\AutoLoad, FileSystem_t=ObjectStore
    FILESYS: RAM File System FSD_MountDisk registering folder "Object Store"
    FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "Object Store" at index 4FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Regis
    tered volume at index 4 (Name="", MountFlags=0x44)FILESYS: Starting boot phase 1.
    FSDMGR!STOREMGR_StartBootPhase BootPhase=1 (PrevBootPhase=0)
    FSDMGR!AutoLoadFileSystems: CurrentBootPhase=1, LoadFlags=1
    FILESYS: Starting device and waiting for boot file FSDMGR!PNPThread: Using PNPUnloadDelay of 4096
    FSDMGR!PNPThread: PNPThread starting!
    system.
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'device.dll' (0x9BF597EC) at address 0xC04D0000-0xC04D5000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'devmgr.dll' (0x9BF59924) at address 0xC04E0000-0xC0507000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'k.ceddk.dll' (0x9BF59A5C) at address 0xC0660000-0xC066E000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0
    )
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'pm.dll' (0x9BF59B94) at address 0xC0530000-0xC0557000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    *** DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH - Current Process: 0x42, ID: 0x400002 ***
    Filesys: Loaded device.dll
    FILESYS: Waiting for device manager to signal BootPhase1 completion.
    +InitDeviceFileSystems
    FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "$device" at index 5FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Registered
     volume at index 5 (Name="$device", MountFlags=0x1)FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolumeName: Registered "$bus" at index 
    6FSDMGR!MountTable_t::RegisterVolume: Registered volume at index 6 (Name="$bus", MountFlags=0x1)-InitDeviceFileSystems:
     status is 1
    Ceddk!CalibrateStallCounter: Enter
    Ceddk!CalibrateStallCounter: Could not find stall counter
    Ceddk!BeginCalibration: min(8001) max(8889)
    Ceddk!BeginCalibration: Elapsed is 8824
    Ceddk!BeginCalibration: Delay is 77
    DEVICE!DevloadInit
    DEVICE!InitDevices: Root Key is Drivers\BuiltIn.
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\Prefix) returned 2
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\BusPrefix) returned 2
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'busenum.dll' (0x9BF4C2B8) at address 0xC0520000-0xC052B000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0
    )
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\CSPDDK\Prefix) returned 2
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\CSPDDK\BusPrefix) returned 2
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'cspddk.dll' (0x9BF42894) at address 0xC0D20000-0xC0D30000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\CSPDDK) last 42 TicksDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\Bu
    iltIn\ECSPI1\BusPrefix) returned 2
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'ecspi.dll' (0x9BF3587C) at address 0xC0D40000-0xC0D4E000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\ECSPI1) last 23 TicksDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\Bu
    iltIn\PMI\BusPrefix) returned 2
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'pmicpdk_mc13892.dll' (0x9BF32444) at address 0xC10B0000-0xC10BE000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x
    817BCAA0)
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'i2csdk.dll' (0x9BF3257C) at address 0xC0D80000-0xC0D87000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'ecspisdk.dll' (0x9BF326B4) at address 0xC0D50000-0xC0D56000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    PMICCspiInit: PMICCSPIInit++++++++
    PMICCspiInit: PMICCSPIInit------
    InitializePMIC(): successfully detected MC13892 PMIC.
    - BSPPmicInit 1 
    - BSPPmicInit 3 
    - BSPPmicInit 4 
    - BSPPmicInit 8 
    - BSPPmicInit 100 
    InitializePMIC(): IOCTL_HAL_REQUEST_SYSINTR irq:88 dwSysIntrPmic:12
    - InitializePMIC 5 
    - InitializePMIC 6 
    - InitializePMIC 7 
    IOCTL_HAL_RTC_INIT FaDEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegOpenKeyEx(Notify) returned 2.
    - PwrMonThread 
    sleep1 0 0 0
    il, error 50
    - InitializePMIC 9 
    DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\PMI) last 114 Ticks
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\SDBusDriver\BusPrefix) returned 2
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'sdbus.dll' (0x9BF29D38) at address 0xC0B40000-0xC0B72000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    SDBusDriver: PROCESS_ATTACH 
    SDBusDriver: +SDC_Init
    SDBusDriver: Bus Driver instance created : 0xD0048820 ! -SDC_Init 
    DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\SDBusDriver) last 30 Ticks
    DEVICE!RegReadActivationValues RegQueryValueEx(Drivers\BuiltIn\ESDHC1\BusPrefix) returned 2
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'esdhc.dll' (0x9BF22024) at address 0xC0FF0000-0xC1011000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    OSAXST1: >>> Loading Module 'pmicsdk_mc13892.dll' (0x9BF2215C) at address 0xC1090000-0xC10A7000 in Process 'NK.EXE' (0x817BCAA0)
    BspPmicSdkInit  
    SDHCDGetHCFunctions: +Init
    SDHCDGetHCFunctions: -Init
    SDHC +Init
    SDHC Active RegPath: Drivers\Active\4294967285 
    SDHC +Init 1
    SDHC +Init 2
    +CESDHCBase::Init: Active RegPath: Drivers\Active\4294967285
    SlotpOptionHandler: Caps = 0x13c
    , HSS = 0x1
    SDHCInitialize++
    CESDHCBase::Start: PROCTL set value = 7000021
    CESDHCBase32BitADMA2:Create DMA Object for ADMA2
    SDHCInitialize--
    SDHC -Init
    SDHC +Init 3
    DeviceFolder::LoadDevice(Drivers\BuiltIn\ESDHC1) last 101 Ticks

When the image starts, the log goes on ...

sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    CESDHCBase::SetInterface: Setting for 1 bit mode
    CESDHCBase::SetInterface: PROCTL value = 0x7000029
    SDSetCardInterfaceForSlot - HC ClockRate differs desired setting: desired: 100000 Hz, Actual : 98958 Hz 
    HandleCommandEr
    rors - STATUS ERROR BITS=0x00010000
    DumpCurrentRequest: 0xD004D6F4
    	 Command: 5
    	 Argument: 0x00000000
    	 Respon
    seType: 5
    DSADDR 0x00000008 
    BLKATTR 0x00010008 
    CMDARG 0x00000000 
    XFERTYP 0x05020000 
    CMDRSP0 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP1 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP2 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP3 0x00000000 
    PRSSTAT 0xFF890008 
    PROCTL 0x07000029 
    SYSCTL 0x000E10EF 
    IRQSTAT 0x00010000 
    AUTOC12ERR 0x00000000 
    HOSTCAPBLT 0x07F30000 
    WML 0x08100810 
    HOSTVER 0x00001201 
    SDSynchronousBusRequest_I: queue request failed(0xc0000014),TransferClass(2), CommandCode(5),CommandArgument(0)
    DumpCurrentRequest: 0xD004D6F4
    	 Command: 1
    	 Argument: 0x00
    0e0000
    	 ResponseType: 4
    DSADDR 0x00000008 
    BLKATTR 0x00010008 
    CMDARG 0x000E0000 
    XFERTYP 0x01020000 
    CMDRSP0 0x0000015A 
    CMDRSP1 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP2 0x00000000 
    CMDRSP3 0x00000000 
    PRSSTAT 0xFF890008 
    PROCTL 0x07000029 
    SYSCTL 0x000E10EF 
    IRQSTAT 0x00010000 
    AUTOC12ERR 0x00000000 
    HOSTCAPBLT 0x07F30000 
    WML 0x08100810 
    HOSTVER 0x00001201 
    SDSynchronousBusRequest_I: queue request failed(0xc0000014),TransferClass(2), CommandCode(1),CommandArgument(e0000)
    sleep2
    sleep1 0 0 0
    sleep2
    IsAPIReady is being deprecated, use WaitForAPIReady insteadSDBusDriver: The SDIO card does not support block mode.  Use

SteMMo

Friday, July 13, 2012 4:39 PM