none
SharePoint 2013 Community Site Template Discussion Count and replies not incrementing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using a SharePoint 2013 Community Site and I have discussion list with categories. When I post a discussion, I do not see an increment in the Discussion count and reply count.

Please help.

techie

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that when you post discussion, then you don't see a increment discussions count .

In my environment, the discussions count and reply count increase progressively after posting new discussions and replys.

I suggest you can try to create a new community site to test if it works.

If the issue still exists, I suggest you can check the ULS log for more detailed information:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Also, if you provide more detailed information such as screen capture or detailed steps, it will be easier to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Jerry Guo

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Tao Monday, March 23, 2015 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Friday, April 3, 2015 1:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Its works fine for me. Count increment. Could you please give more details on any changes done on site or any customization anything?

Thursday, March 5, 2015 12:53 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that when you post discussion, then you don't see a increment discussions count .

In my environment, the discussions count and reply count increase progressively after posting new discussions and replys.

I suggest you can try to create a new community site to test if it works.

If the issue still exists, I suggest you can check the ULS log for more detailed information:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Also, if you provide more detailed information such as screen capture or detailed steps, it will be easier to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Jerry Guo

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Tao Monday, March 23, 2015 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric Tao Friday, April 3, 2015 1:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:36 AM