none
How long does it take to get an app approved/disapproved in the SharePoint 2013 app store? RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried it a few times now and it only took under 48 hours the first time, second and third time it took over 5 days. I have looked at the Office Online store and concluded that the amount of new Apps is not overwhelming, so the workload on the human approver cannot be that high. Therefore why does it take over 5 days to approve a simple app?

Furthermore you (Microsoft) should implement a simple checker program as first line of approval, so if new apps fail simple automated checks, the workflow can be cancelled fast. Saving the app developer many days of waiting, before fixing the problem. Currently its not possible for the app developer to cancel a approval workflow, even if he knows that there are something wrong.

• Moved by ErikOlson Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:36 PM Publishing Apps forumn came on line Jan 23. Moving to Store-specific forum.
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:49 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Validation times vary depending on the amount of apps currently in the pipeline for approval.
    As the platform grows and more apps are being submitted, the pipeline of apps to go through approval is getting bigger.

Validation happens both automated and manual.
    I will forward your suggestion to cancel an approval as a developer to the store team.

Thanks,
    Philip

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:05 AM