none
I get error "storage acount 'xxxx' not found" when trying to load VHD to my azure storage.

Question

• I have created the Storage account but when i upload the vhd using the Add-AzureVhd - Destination command, i get the error message that the storage account does not exist. what am i missing?
    • Edited by djEzf Friday, November 21, 2014 12:55 PM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you have created a storage account and trying to upload the VHD using Add-azureVhd.

However, request you to confirm if the storage account exists using Get-AzureStorageAccount

If you find the storage account then try below for Uploading a VHD

import-module azure select-azuresubscription "mysubscriptionname"$sourceVHD="D:\StorageDemos\myvhd.vhd"$destinationVHD="https://mwwestus1.blob.core.windows.net/uploads/myvhd.vhd"   Add-AzureVhd -LocalFilePath $sourceVHD-Destination$destinationVHD ` -NumberOfUploaderThreads 5

You might want to see further details on Uploading and Downloading VHDs to Windows Azure

pease write back if this doesn't help.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Friday, November 21, 2014 4:41 PM
  • Hi,

It is purely based on your requirement.

If you  want to give anonymous users read permissions to a container and its blobs, you can set the container permissions to allow public access. Anonymous users can read blobs within a publicly accessible container without authenticating the request.

For more information see " Restrict Access to Containers and Blobs "

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you have created a storage account and trying to upload the VHD using Add-azureVhd.

However, request you to confirm if the storage account exists using Get-AzureStorageAccount

If you find the storage account then try below for Uploading a VHD

import-module azure select-azuresubscription "mysubscriptionname"$sourceVHD="D:\StorageDemos\myvhd.vhd"$destinationVHD="https://mwwestus1.blob.core.windows.net/uploads/myvhd.vhd"   Add-AzureVhd -LocalFilePath $sourceVHD-Destination$destinationVHD ` -NumberOfUploaderThreads 5

You might want to see further details on Uploading and Downloading VHDs to Windows Azure

pease write back if this doesn't help.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Friday, November 21, 2014 4:41 PM
  • Yes! it worked!

... just one more question... what is the recommended choice for the container access "private", "public blob" ??

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Many thanks btw

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

It is purely based on your requirement.

If you  want to give anonymous users read permissions to a container and its blobs, you can set the container permissions to allow public access. Anonymous users can read blobs within a publicly accessible container without authenticating the request.

For more information see " Restrict Access to Containers and Blobs "

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:15 PM