none
Biztalk 2010 and VAN provider GXS AS2 issue 202 Accepted error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble with our AS2 connection to GXS. The EDI files are coming across fine but I'm getting a suspended message every time I send a file to them. the suspended message contains the text "202 Accepted" which I think is their servers response to the initial http connection. the error message I get is below.   is anybody else using AS2 with GXS? I don't have these problems with other AS2 parties so I think its a configuration problem.  The send port is a Static Solicit-Response the send pipeline is AS2Send and the receive pipeline is AS2Receive. I though about making the receive pipeline  "Pass Through" to avoid the error but I assume the MDM would not work then; is that right?

An output message of the component "Microsoft.BizTalk.EdiInt.PipelineComponents" in receive pipeline "Microsoft.BizTalk.EdiInt.DefaultPipelines.AS2Receive, Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.EdiIntPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" is suspended due to the following error:
         An AS2 message was received that did not contain the AS2-From header..
     The sequence number of the suspended message is 2.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:42 PM

Answers

• After working with GXS for over a week they finally let lose a vital piece of information. GXS is setup to only do async MDMs. when they tried to do a sync MDM they received the same error on their side. I changed the AS2 agreement to request async MDMs and then change the outbound AS2 port to GXS to be one-way AS2Send and the problem went away.
    Monday, June 29, 2015 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This Error/Warning/Information event indicates BizTalk Server could not process the incoming AS2 message because the message did not contain an AS2-From header indicating the source of the message. An AS2 message must have an AS2-From header. The message will be suspended if it does not have an AS2-From header.

To resolve this issue Ensure the sending party adds an AS2-To header to the HTTP, AS2, and MIME header of the AS2 message before sending it.

Reference :https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb967872.aspx

TechNet Wiki :http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2745.common-edi-errors.aspx

Thanks

Abhishek

Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:23 AM
  • Thanks for your reply but its not really giving me what I need.  The problem I'm having is in the step "Ensure the sending party adds an AS2-To header". GXS support is having a hard time understanding why its a problem. I really need information from somebody that has had the problem with the 202 response or with GXS
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:55 PM
  • Its starting to look like the problem is related to MDMs. Curently we are setup with sync MDMs but GXS uses Async MDMs. Next week I'm going to convert us over Async MDMs for the GXS connections to see if that solves the problem.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:31 PM
  • After working with GXS for over a week they finally let lose a vital piece of information. GXS is setup to only do async MDMs. when they tried to do a sync MDM they received the same error on their side. I changed the AS2 agreement to request async MDMs and then change the outbound AS2 port to GXS to be one-way AS2Send and the problem went away.
    Monday, June 29, 2015 2:36 PM