i try to run my WebService in Windows-7 64 bit and i got this error RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i try to run my WebService in Windows-7 64 bit and i got this error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

and

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'MyWS' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
        To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
        Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
        To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

when i run in Visual-studio it work's excellent 

what can be the problem ?

thank's in advance
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post. Just as the error message indicated, the "MyWS" assembly failed to load, and the assembly binding logging is turned off. So we should turn it on and see what log could tell. After the log is available, the following article could help you understand its content and find a solution.

Please mark the right answer at the right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    • Edited by SamAgain Friday, November 5, 2010 2:55 AM refine
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Friday, November 12, 2010 8:42 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 2:52 AM

All replies

• hi

i try to run my WebService in Windows-7 64 bit and i got this error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

and

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'MyWS' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
        To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
        Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
        To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

when i run in Visual-studio it work's excellent 

what can be the problem ?

thank's in advance
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:08 PM
  • E_gold, this is not the first time I see you double posting on the forums. Please keep the posts centralized:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharplanguage/thread/7cb23507-adc3-467b-80a1-bbad672f68a6

"To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:22 PM
  • In this case, tripple posted
    "To alcohol! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Wrong forum. Since this is an assembly binding question, it should be posted to the CLR forum under the .Net Development category.

This has nothing to do with that syntax or keywords in the C# langauge. If you have problem with them you will get compiler errors, not runtime errors.

Duplicates are usually deleted,  it is a waste of your time and forum space to post to irrelevant forums and it doesn't help in getting a response any quicker.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post. Just as the error message indicated, the "MyWS" assembly failed to load, and the assembly binding logging is turned off. So we should turn it on and see what log could tell. After the log is available, the following article could help you understand its content and find a solution.

Please mark the right answer at the right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    • Edited by SamAgain Friday, November 5, 2010 2:55 AM refine
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Friday, November 12, 2010 8:42 AM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 2:52 AM