default search box not working after adding autocomplete boxes to enter data RRS feed

• Question

• I changed 3 columns to autocomplete boxes and they are working but now when I search for data it does not search on those columns.     is there a way to fix this?

Lightswitch 2013 usng sql 2008 datasources

Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Zoldy

Could you provide more detailed information about this issue? what's the error message you got?

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 24, 2014 7:59 AM
  • There is no error message the built in search simply does not search the autocomplete fields.    look at the screen shots the checkbox for searchable is not even an option.   First screen shot is a searchable field and the second is the autocomplete box.

Monday, March 24, 2014 11:29 AM
  • it appears my screen shots did not post in any case the autocomplete box is not a searchable item so do I need to code a custom search?
    Monday, March 24, 2014 11:31 AM
  • after spending several hours on this I figured out I have to create my own search query but now I am left with another issue.

I cannot get my parameter for the search to appear where I want it.    Such as in the command bar or on the top of the screen above everything else.

second I cannot get rid of the "default" search box the does not work.

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:42 PM
  • Hi Zoldy

To pass a parameter into a Screen from the Command Bar in a LightSwitch application, Beth's tutorial is available for you.

How Do I: Pass a Parameter into a Screen from the Command Bar in a LightSwitch Application

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:59 AM