Alternate Row-Style for the Edit-Mode of DetailsView RRS feed

• Question

• User2048528931 posted

Hello,

I´m using DetailsView on a classic ASP WebForm. It is a very big and complex DataSource bound to it and so it is in the Inserting-Mode very confusing and hard to check which Input-Field belongs to which Header-Text.

In the ReadOnly-Mode is the Alternating-Row-Style to prevent this Problem. Is there any option to get something like AlternatingRow-Style inside the EditRowStyle?

I think there must be a way with CSS, but Styling is not my speciality...

Hope someone can help me with that.

Greetings 

GREGOR

Thursday, June 21, 2018 11:25 AM

Answers

• User-330142929 posted

Hi Comidos,

According to your description, I try to use AlternatingRowStyle in the Edit-Mode to set the interval line style, and use EditRowStyle to set edit line style. Finally I find that the AlternatingRowStyle also works, and the EditRowStyle overrides the same type of style, such as the background color. So I suggest you could clear the background color of the EditRowStyle, or use the ForeColor to distinguish different lines.

Here is my screenshot in Edit-Mode.

Please feel free to let me know, if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Abraham.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2018 8:13 AM

All replies

• User-330142929 posted

Hi Comidos,

According to your description, I try to use AlternatingRowStyle in the Edit-Mode to set the interval line style, and use EditRowStyle to set edit line style. Finally I find that the AlternatingRowStyle also works, and the EditRowStyle overrides the same type of style, such as the background color. So I suggest you could clear the background color of the EditRowStyle, or use the ForeColor to distinguish different lines.

Here is my screenshot in Edit-Mode.

Please feel free to let me know, if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Abraham.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2018 8:13 AM
  • User2048528931 posted

Thanks for your Impulse!

Friday, June 22, 2018 8:45 AM