none
best way to purchase VS web

Question

• I've used Express forever on my own little projects.  Never needed Visual Studio.

But I might have need now.

I want to sell an application but I don't want the source code to be exposed.

I get the impression that Web Deploy is NOT part of the Express edition?

Is that still true with VS Express 2015?

If I have to purchase VS to be able to do this, I'm willing to do that...what would be the most cost effective way to purchase VS?

Can I purchase just VS and not have the MSDN attached at this moment to reduce the price?

What would be the cost?  

Do I purchase directly from Microsoft?

if my app takes off, I could revisit getting all the bells and whistles.

thx for any insight

Rich

Sunday, February 28, 2016 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Rich,

Which VS2015 express version did you use, express for web version or others?

>>I get the impression that Web Deploy is NOT part of the Express edition?

How did you deploy your web project? Could you share me the document about this topic? So I could really repro it in my side. Whether it is similar to the following one even if it is about the VS2013 express for web version?

http://hodentek.blogspot.jp/2014/03/publishing-to-web-site-from-vs-2013-is.html

I think we have to make sure that whether the VS2015 express supports this tool before you think about purchasing one, in addition, the VS2015 community version would have more features which is also free, you could test it in your side.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 29, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Hi Rungusto,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 4, 2016 6:13 AM