none
I am unsure how to distribute my program. RRS feed

• Question

• The coding for the program itself is good, it is a basic chat client I made to interact with the server, but when I send it out to my friends it says there is a software I need. Upon researching, I learned I need C/C++ Redistribution (I think I spelled that right) so I looked around for it, and under the links I had found under the Microsoft website, it took me to an error page saying the link no longer is valid. I would like to verify I need this C/C++ Redistribution, and if so where do I obtain it and give it to my friends to use? Currently, I have a program I cannot run, and it is frustrating, so if anyone has an answer, please help out.
    Monday, February 1, 2016 7:05 AM

Answers

• For better, this link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

It's better on the sense that when a SP comes out, Microsoft tends to remove the links to now obsoluted versions (RTM or older version of SPs).

Also, you'll want to download the redist for exact version of VS you're using because the DLL names are different between versions. (Say, the MFC library for VS2003 is MFC71.dll, that for VS2010 is named MFC100.dll, and that for VS2012 becomes MFC110.dll, etc)

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:37 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi DemonTeddy,

What's your project type? Managed or unmanaged? If you use .Net Framework, this forum is suitable, but if not, please redirect to Visual Studio Languages   >  Visual C++ forum for better support.

>> I learned I need C/C++ Redistribution (I think I spelled that right) so I looked around for it, and under the links I had found under the Microsoft website, it took me to an error page saying the link no longer is valid.

Based on your C/C++ Redistribution that you posted, I've searched more, Do you mean the following link?

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015  It is valid.

If not, I want to get your page link, please tell me guys where is it? Thanks.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:56 AM
  • For better, this link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

It's better on the sense that when a SP comes out, Microsoft tends to remove the links to now obsoluted versions (RTM or older version of SPs).

Also, you'll want to download the redist for exact version of VS you're using because the DLL names are different between versions. (Say, the MFC library for VS2003 is MFC71.dll, that for VS2010 is named MFC100.dll, and that for VS2012 becomes MFC110.dll, etc)

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:37 AM
    Answerer