none
Cannot acquire a managed connection from the run-time connection manager on SSDT 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using SSDT 2017 and trying to retrieve data from a SharePoint 2013 List and loading to a SQL Server 2017.

I'm using the built-in ODATA Source Connector on SSDT 2017.

It works perfectly from the desktop.

When I deploy and run it from SQL Server (SSIS) 2017, I get the error "Cannot acquire a managed connection from the run-time connection manager" "ODATA source failed validation and returned error code".

My understanding is that all the connectors are built-in with SQL Server 2017 (SSIS)  and SSDT 2017.

Do I need to install something else on the server?  What could be causing this error?

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Lester, 

Are you using Online Services Authentication in Odata Connection Manager?

Then you will need to install SharePoint Server 2013 Client Components SDK , on the server. 

Hope this link helps:

Using the SSIS OData Source Connector With SharePoint Online Authentication

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Edited by Yang.Z Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:12 AM
    • Proposed as answer by ArthurZModerator Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:16 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Thanks for your quick response.

I'm NOT currently using Online Services Authentication.  I'm using Windows Authentication.

I will have to look to see if this is an option in my company if I cannot get Windows Authentication to work on the server.  If this is for Office 365, then it's not an option.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:37 PM
  • Hi Lester, 

Any latest news?

Have you tried to install SharePoint Server 2013 Client Components SDK on the server?

Is that working?

If not, please let we know. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, February 18, 2019 8:15 AM