SPD2007 Designer - Data View page will not display in "View Selector" menu RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list in Sharepoint 2007. Due to some odd requirements from the users, to create a "report" that they wanted, I had to use Sharepoint Designer. I have a nice, new page that includes a lovely Data View part that gives the users the information they want. I have the "Data View Properties" set so that users can filter or sort based on the column headings. I have the "View Selector Menu" appearing in the normal place so that users can easily switch to another view (although the view selector does appear slightly squished, but that is not my primary concern). I need to have this page appear in the "View Selector Menu". How do I get this page to appear in the "View Selector Menu"? I've tried everything I've seen, which all points to the DataFormWebPart tag.

Here's my opening tag.

<WebPartPages:DataFormWebPart runat="server" ShowWithSampleData="False" SuppressWebPartChrome="False" ExportMode="All" Dir="Default" DisplayName="MissingRequiredFields" MissingAssembly="Cannot import this Web Part." ID="g_18bc53c6_a1ed_40e7_92b8_66b60c21a145" AllowEdit="True" UseSQLDataSourcePaging="True" HelpMode="Modeless" IsIncluded="True" NoDefaultStyle="TRUE" FrameState="Normal" AllowConnect="True" ViewFlag="0" AllowZoneChange="True" AllowMinimize="True" Title="MissingRequiredFields" PartOrder="0" PageSize="100" ListName="MissingRequiredFields" FrameType="None" ConnectionID="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" ExportControlledProperties="True" ChromeType="None" IsVisible="True" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" __WebPartId="{18BC53C6-A1ED-40E7-92B8-66B60C21A145}" __AllowXSLTEditing="true" WebPart="true" Height="" Width="">

Help, please. Thanks.

Friday, November 18, 2011 10:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Nerak,

In this situation, you may consider to new a view page for the list and design the view page to meet the requirements.

1.       To a new a list view page, open the site in SharePoint Designer, find the list, right lick the list name->new->List View Page

2.       On the page in split view, right click the ListViewWebPart zone, choose Convert to XSLT Data View, then you can do the modifications as expected, the page will be shown in View Selector Menu.

Please have a try to check whether it works.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:37 AM
  • Hi Nerak,

Instead of creating a new page and trying to get it in the View Selector Menu, create a new view, Customize it using SharePoint Designer. This will solve your problem.

Thanks,
    Chanakya
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    My Blog
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Nerak,

In this situation, you may consider to new a view page for the list and design the view page to meet the requirements.

1.       To a new a list view page, open the site in SharePoint Designer, find the list, right lick the list name->new->List View Page

2.       On the page in split view, right click the ListViewWebPart zone, choose Convert to XSLT Data View, then you can do the modifications as expected, the page will be shown in View Selector Menu.

Please have a try to check whether it works.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:37 AM
  • Hi Nerak,

Instead of creating a new page and trying to get it in the View Selector Menu, create a new view, Customize it using SharePoint Designer. This will solve your problem.

Thanks,
    Chanakya
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    My Blog
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:26 AM