none
BizTalk WCFOracleDB System.Transactions.TransactionException RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing an application where BizTalk connects to Oracle using WCFCustom and Oracle Binding.  I am getting the below error

An error occurred while processing the message, refer to the details section for more information Message ID: {F968184C-D9B9-4D87-820D-9300D322F800} Instance ID: {E1F1579B-749C-4E6A-BD95-EE22F3E8A8BE} Error Description: System.Transactions.TransactionException: The operation is not valid for the state of the transaction. at System.Transactions.TransactionState.EnlistVolatile(InternalTransaction tx, IEnlistmentNotification enlistmentNotification, EnlistmentOptions enlistmentOptions, Transaction atomicTransaction) at System.Transactions.Transaction.EnlistVolatile(IEnlistmentNotification enlistmentNotification, EnlistmentOptions enlistmentOptions) at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.TxnBatch2..ctor(IBTTransportProxy transportProxy, ControlledTermination control, Transaction transaction, ManualResetEvent orderedEvent, Boolean makeSuccessCall) at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkDeleteTxn.Execute(BizTalkExecutionContext executionContext)

I have a scope(transaction none) with few send receive shapes that execute the Stored procedures in oracle and give the response.  What should i be doing to resolve this error. It takes some time for the stored procedures to execute and return the data.

Thanks,

-Prasad

-Prasad
    Monday, August 22, 2011 1:54 PM

Answers

• You will have to tweak the timeout in that case if its taking too much time. 

Cheers,

Bali

--------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 3:16 PM
  • Hi,

There are couple of options:

• Apply a couple of hotfixes for BizTalk 200x or SQL Server 200x.
    • DTCPing/Tester and see if there any abnormalities, investigate traffic to from SQL Server (i.e. latency), check MSDTC settings (see my post on MSTDC and BizTalk) and/or use SQL profiler.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, August 22, 2011 3:03 PM

All replies

• Prasad, It would help to provide the version of Oracle you are using to connect to.
    :P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 2:09 PM
  • Jason,

Version of the Oracle is 11g.   Is this issue related to time out setting?, as it takes some time for the request response to complete in the Scope?

Thanks,

-prasad

-Prasad
    Monday, August 22, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Hi, 

Have you configured MSDTC and added MSDTC to the firewall exception list. Also it could be a timeout issue but are you always getting this error or is that only when the data is more you are getting this error.

Cheers,

Bali

Monday, August 22, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

There are couple of options:

• Apply a couple of hotfixes for BizTalk 200x or SQL Server 200x.
    • DTCPing/Tester and see if there any abnormalities, investigate traffic to from SQL Server (i.e. latency), check MSDTC settings (see my post on MSTDC and BizTalk) and/or use SQL profiler.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, August 22, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Yes, the MSDTC is configured and the firewall services is stopped. I am able to get the solution working with out the scope shape and exception handling. It takes some time though ( like 10 min). But when i use the Scope with exception handling and the 4 send- receive 's inside the scope to execute the 4 stored procedures, it is erroring out. 

Thanks,

-Prasad

-Prasad
    Monday, August 22, 2011 3:06 PM
  • You will have to tweak the timeout in that case if its taking too much time. 

Cheers,

Bali

Monday, August 22, 2011 3:16 PM