none
Is the Windows store down as of 19 July 2012 ? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Blink4242,

I am able to access the Store at this time.  Have you checked for any updates?

Thanks-

Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:28 PM
  • From the dev preview ?
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:38 PM
  • Hi Blink4242,

If you are using the Windows 8 Release Preview the Store is up and running. If you are still on the Consumer Preview, then you will have problems accessing the Store, as the Consumer Preview is no longer supported.

If you are using the Windows 8 Release Preview, please can you provide details of the problem you are seeing. Do you get error messages.

Thanks

• Edited by mark_1h Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:28 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:30 PM
  • how do i send you a PM ?
    Friday, July 20, 2012 1:30 PM
  • Is the store accessible from the latest Developer preview builds? I cant. Please help.
    Friday, July 20, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Hello Blink4242,

You should be using Windows 8 Release Preview at this point. this is the most current beta version with the most current Store bits in place. You can download it here. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, July 20, 2012 3:47 PM
  • Thank you Jesse, Mark and Joe. Switched to 8400.
    Friday, July 20, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Hello, I'm using Windows 8 Release Preview, installed it on the 18th. everything worked fine for like a day. After which, the People, mail and calender apps all stopped working. The Windows app store still works in the way that I can enter it, and see apps and read about it, but when hitting the "install" button, it says

"Your purchase could't be completed."
    "something happend and Your purchase cant be completed"
    giving me the option of "try again" or "cancel

if I hit try again, same msg apperse.

Now, the first day, when stuff was looking good, I did og to the store and I did install a app, so I know it USED to work. But right now, it's not and it's just not giving any form for helpfull feedback to how to fix it.

I also right clicked and went up to hit "my apps", then it went to a screen asking me to signe into Windows store - I click it, nothing happens =(

attemts at fixing the problem have been, downloading the troubleshooter. using it, it didnt detect anything. downloaded Windows updates, it didnt help. restored the system to the point where it worked last, didnt work.

So I assume it's not my fault nor my PC's, as it seems to have affected multible apps which all are communicating With some sort of server or another and I now have no installed programs other then the ones of the last working moment.

Friday, July 20, 2012 6:35 PM
  • Hi Saint Mads,

Sorry to hear about your issue with the Store. Are you running any sort of antivirus on your PC. My first inclination is that it is an antivirus or the Windows Live ID you are using to log into the Store. Check to make sure you can still log into www.live.com with your account to rule that out as a cause and then make sure you have antivirus/registry cleaners turned off.

If you continue to have issues please visit the Answers Forum for community assistance. This forum is for publishing Metro style apps, so please try to keep the questions on topic for the rest of the community. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Edited by Jesse_F Friday, July 20, 2012 7:09 PM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 7:08 PM
  • No antivirus and no anti maleware/spyware program downloaded since I "refreshed" my PC

I'll take up my none store related question in the answers forum!
    Saturday, July 21, 2012 8:50 AM