none
Header section looping for EDI 214 schema RRS feed

Answers

• So, if those header details are different, different shipments I presume, then you have some more work to do.

You can't use a single ST for your batch because, as you've noticed, B10 doesn't loop.

Here's the steps you have to take:

1. Debatch the incoming message to individual Header messages.
    2. Map each to Header to an individual 214.

At this point, you have another choice:

1. Send each 214 individually by routing it directly to the Send Port.  This will give you one ISA/GS/ST per outbound message/Interchange.  Some receivers are perfectly fine with that.
    2. Batch the indivisual 214's to create a single Interchagne, ISA/GS, with multiple ST's using the Batching Service.  Details here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226413.aspx

Friday, June 13, 2014 1:46 PM

All replies

• What you probably need to do is link Header to LXLoop, then you details to AT7, Nx, etc.

Then you will get one 214 message with multiple status loops, LX.

Friday, June 13, 2014 11:57 AM
  • thanks for the response..

But, I have to map header details to B1001,B1002 and B1003 segments which do not come under LXLoop.. So how can we proceed?

Anand

Friday, June 13, 2014 1:32 PM
  • So, if those header details are different, different shipments I presume, then you have some more work to do.

You can't use a single ST for your batch because, as you've noticed, B10 doesn't loop.

Here's the steps you have to take:

1. Debatch the incoming message to individual Header messages.
    2. Map each to Header to an individual 214.

At this point, you have another choice:

1. Send each 214 individually by routing it directly to the Send Port.  This will give you one ISA/GS/ST per outbound message/Interchange.  Some receivers are perfectly fine with that.
    2. Batch the indivisual 214's to create a single Interchagne, ISA/GS, with multiple ST's using the Batching Service.  Details here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226413.aspx

Friday, June 13, 2014 1:46 PM