Generating diagrams with Sandcastle? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to create diagrams with Sandcastle?

I mean like Doxygen generates DOT language and using GraphViz creates diagrams that are embedded to the generated help file.

Of course I could use Doxygen, but I kind of like Sandcastles VS2005 layout better.

Friday, November 3, 2006 7:02 AM

Answers

• Wrth,

Sandcastle does not generate diagrams. Intenally we use graphic packages to generate diagrams and embed them during build.

If you can provide deatils on DOxygen process or provide pointers I willbe happy to take a look to see what we can do to provide a similar functionality if we can.

Anand..

Friday, November 3, 2006 7:36 AM

All replies

• Wrth,

Sandcastle does not generate diagrams. Intenally we use graphic packages to generate diagrams and embed them during build.

If you can provide deatils on DOxygen process or provide pointers I willbe happy to take a look to see what we can do to provide a similar functionality if we can.

Anand..

Friday, November 3, 2006 7:36 AM
  • First: Thanks for quick reply!

Here is a link to diagrams Doxygen generates: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/examples/diagrams/html/class_e.html

Doxygen generates a DOT language description of the inheritance or collaboration of classes and then passes it to GraphViz.

Those simple visualizations are of a valuable tool when bringing a new person to a project that has been in the works for some time.

Friday, November 3, 2006 9:51 AM