none
ndisallocatemdl timeout/spaceout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting timeout/spaceout on the rule ndisallocatemdl in static verifier. I did the recommended fixes, /refine, increasing the run time and memory allocations. /refine didn't help. Increasing run time turned it from a timeout to a spaceout, and then turning the memory limit to the max didn't help.

I read elsewhere here that this is an "inconclusive" result, and not necessarily a problem. Because ndisallocatemdl() is a dynamic allocation routine, I wonder if SDV is telling me about a memory leak. Is there a way to determine this or further debug it?

Thanks,

Scott Moore

Oracle Corporation

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott Timeout or Spaceout results are valid and in some cases expected with complex drivers. You already tried running with refineand setting the spaceoutto max. I think this is all you for now. In the case where you are getting a spaceoutthis is not related to any memory leaks that may or may not exist in your driver.

BTW thanks for trying the refine option.

I think you have done all you can do.

-Con (Driver Quality Tools Team) Microsoft.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott Timeout or Spaceout results are valid and in some cases expected with complex drivers. You already tried running with refineand setting the spaceoutto max. I think this is all you for now. In the case where you are getting a spaceoutthis is not related to any memory leaks that may or may not exist in your driver.

BTW thanks for trying the refine option.

I think you have done all you can do.

-Con (Driver Quality Tools Team) Microsoft.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Ok, thanks.

Scott

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:55 PM