none
C# Office 10 Interop Assembly RRS feed

• Question

• I am using office 10 interop assembly oxppia. On my development machine which has office 2007, things work fine. I have a client that has only office 2003 on his machine. When he tries to run excel from within my program, windows wants him to install office 2007. He has an old trial version of office 2007 on his machine, but has never used or purchased it. We want the interop to run from office 2003.

My setup does not show microsoft.interop.excel as a dependency. When I refresh dependencies it still does not show up. I have the interop assemblies.excel listed as a reference and it works fine on my machine with office 2007, but not on the clients machine with office 2003.

Thanks

Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:40 AM

Answers

• Hi solardog

The difference with 2007 and 2003 is that the PIAs delivered with Office 2007 "know" to remap calls to older PIAs to themselves. The Office 2003 PIAs don't know how to do this.

Which version(s) of Visual Studio do you have available to you (2010 would be super)? What kind of application is this (WinForm, Console....)?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Friday, January 21, 2011 9:33 AM
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:41 PM