Pulling data from SharePoint into InfoPath form RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I've a list in SharePoint which has column (occupation) which acepts empty strings.

Now I want to load into an InfoPath form (seconday datasource), all the entries of the SharePoint list where the occupation field is blank.

If I left the "occupation" field of the query field section in blank, it just load all the entries of the list.

Is there a way I can set a query field to load only entries which has 'null' or 'blank' values in a certain field?

Thank you!

Mauricio.-

I want to load data from a SharePoint list into an Infopath form, filtered by certain field, which values are an empty string.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:05 AM

Answers

• when you set up the secondary data connections in an InfoPath form to connect to the Lists web service to fetch an
     existing item in a SharePoint list. An XML document containing a Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) query
    is sent containing data which will map to specific fields in the specified SharePoint list.
    Setting a query field value allows you to filter the data before it is pulled into the form.
    SharePoint list connections in InfoPath 2010 now have query fields, allowing you to filter
    your data and return more scoped results. You can query on a number of different field types, including single lines of text, numbers, and even people and lookups. By filtering your list connections, you can ensure only the data you want is brought into your form. This can also speed up your form connection, as it may pull in less data than it would otherwise.

so here you can pass the value blank or emply string in query filed and this will solve your problem, if it does not resolve your issue, please come up with the exact issue what error are or data are you getting during implementing this approach.

Krishana Kumar http://mosstechnet-kk.com
    Monday, September 26, 2011 5:41 AM