Video Codec WMV3 Windows Media Video 9 encoder properies RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i'm try to fetch wmv 9  encoder props, which can be set as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff819505%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

with Sequence Header Data Structure STRUCT_C for Simple and Main Profiles as pointed in document "Proposed SMPTE Standard for Television: VC-1 Compressed
    Video Bitstream Format and Decoding Process" to encode video with the same settings as the file i have already.

There are a lot of flags such as

Fast UV Motion Compensation Flag (FASTUVMC) (1 bit)

Extended Motion Vector Flag (EXTENDED_MV)(1 bit)

Macroblock Quantization Flag (DQUANT)(2 bit)

Which i can't find on msdn page.

I have found only

MFPKEY_AVGFRAMERATE fetch to  FRMRTQ_POSTPROC bits (Quantized Frame Rate for Post processing Indicator)

and

MFPKEY_BAVG -  BITRTQ_POSTPROC (Quantized Bit Rate for Post processing Indicator)

The first question:

Is it enough to set   MFPKEY_VOLHEADERFORREENCODE

for setting this flags to encoder for produce the same encoding as in specific file?

The second  if not enough:

Where can i find fetching options with the specification flags?

Stanislav Mikhailenko
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:48 AM

All replies

• in particular case i'm interested in VSTRANSFORM is a Boolean that shall indicate whether variable-sized transform coding is enabled for the sequence.
    If VSTRANSFORM == 0, then variable-sized transform coding shall not be enabled. If VSTRANSFORM == 1, then
    variable-sized transform coding shall be enabled.

Stanislav Mikhailenko
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:01 AM
  • The MFPKEY_VOLHEADERFORRENCODE does set the sequence header exactly as you specify it, keeping the values of the flags in the header.  This includes the VSTRANSFORM flag you are interested in.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 1:14 AM
  • thanks, Matt,

But  the main question wasn't responsed.

Is it enough to set   MFPKEY_VOLHEADERFORREENCODE for setting this flags to encoder for produce the same encoding as in specific file ?

is there other managing flags except sequence header?

used for futher pasting reencoded fragment with original file (starting with K-frame of course).

Stanislav Mikhailenko
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:35 AM
  • MFPKEY_VOLHEADERFORREENCODE is just the flags in the sequence header.  I do not know enough details about VC-1 to know if that exhaustively covers every potential flag in the format (the specification is probably a good reference for that), but it does cover all of the flags you mentioned.  If there are flags outside the sequence header and have no other property key associated with it, then you would be unable to set those flags.  The VC-1 encoder does not necessarily support every little tweak in the specification.

Monday, December 27, 2010 11:18 PM