How Can I Scaning Wifi-direct Device ?

Question

• How Can I Scaning Wifi-direct Device programmatically ? WFD Interface does not provide some API to scaning WIFI-Direct Device. I need a api has ability to scaning Wifi-direct Deivce and pairing device. pls help!! thans you in advance!
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:24 AM

All replies

• Are you trying to scan from a Windows Store app or from a desktop app? You have posted this multiple times in multiple forums. Please post your question only once in a forum appropriate for your question.

There is no direct WFD API for Windows Store apps, but it can be used through the PeerFinder or via PlayTo.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by alan.hood Friday, August 9, 2013 1:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by alan.hood Friday, August 9, 2013 4:31 AM
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:10 PM
  • I also saw you everywhere!  you're all kindness , would do me a faivor ? please teach me how to implement a WFD progoram using 802.11 OID. :D
    Friday, August 9, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Hi Alan,

You will need to provide more specific information about what you want help with. What do you mean by a WFD program?

--Rob

Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:00 AM
  • in fact , I want to implement a miracast sink app on windows 8.1. but I found most of interface that provide wireless direct support or miracast support is undocumented.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:21 AM
  • Windows 8.1 does not support scanning for Wi-Fi Direct Devices using an API. If you are writing an application, the workflow should be : 

(A) User goes to "Add a Device" and they can add the Device

(B) An app then use Windows.Device.WiFiDirect APIs to re-connect to the device. 

Thanks\Y

Friday, August 15, 2014 12:10 AM