none
.NET 2.0 Tools Evaluation (Part II- Update) - DSL, GAT, SQL 2005, Mobile 5, VSTS, Enterprise Library, Reporting Services, etc. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Here is an update on our progress with the Microsoft products and toolkits that we are considering for use on my current project. The first post is here.

It may help if you are considering using the same products and toolkits.

Here is the list of products and toolkits we are evaluating:

Domain-Specific Language (DSL) Tools
    Software Factories
    Guidance Automation Toolkit
    Composite UI Application Block
    Enterprise Library .NET 2.0 release
    SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition 3.0 Merge Replication
    Visual Studio Team System Suite
    SQL Server 2005
    Web Services Enhancements 3.0 for .NET
    Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
    Reporting Services
    Mobile 5.0

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:15 AM

All replies

• Instead of starting another thread I thought I would just add on to this thread a pretty cool tool from MS

The Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar

Monday, March 27, 2006 1:57 PM
  •  

Tad,

It's a nice information about the tools and techs what you will be using in your project. I would be interested in knowing your evaluation results especially about DSL tools, software factories, guidance automation toolkit and WSE 3.0 for .net.  Can you please provide me details on it?

Cheers,

Kanaiya

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:13 PM
  •  nothingbutdotnet wrote:

It's a nice information about the tools and techs what you will be using in your project. I would be interested in knowing your evaluation results especially about DSL tools, software factories, guidance automation toolkit and WSE 3.0 for .net.  Can you please provide me details on it?

I cannot post all the data we recorded during analysis, that information belongs to the company I am consulting to.  That is one reason why the results are so small. 

If you click the very first link (or this one- Here ), in the first paragraph of this thread it takes you to a blog that has a lot of links next to there subject.  Those links point to some of the reasons we decided what we did for that particular tool.

All the links say "See this for more info".

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:33 AM
  • Kanaiya,

I recently published my view on the Current State of Software Factories. I hope you find it interesting.

Arnon

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:57 PM
  •  

Tad - I can understand about business confidentiality.  Thanks for providing me a link to the page from where I got much useful information.

Thanks Arnon for providing me info about Software Factories.

Cheers,
    Kanaiya

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:18 PM