none
there was an error attaching the debugger to the role instance

Question

• I am not able to run my app

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

• Edited by RohitArora Friday, July 20, 2012 7:44 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 7:44 AM

All replies

Thursday, August 2, 2012 8:04 PM
  • Don,

Still not resolved with your solution, any log or service i can refer to ?

Rohit Arora

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:35 PM
  • I am able to attach to WaWorkerhost.exe and debug but it doesn't itself attaches while debugging

Rohit Arora

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:57 PM
  • Hi RohitArora,

I had similar problem with Windows 8, when trying to launch the application into the compute emulator. It was a very simple app, but I used Azure diagnostics. At the end these are two things I have changed that have work for me, both turning on Windows 8 features (so go to Win8 and open 'Turn Windows Features On/Off'.

1. Activate the check Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core

2. Inside Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features > Activate ASP.NET 4.5

3. Inside Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services >  Health and Diagnostics, Activate Tracing

That worked for me, it makes sense, as I'm using Visual Studio 2012 and trying to get some trace information using diagnostics in Azure.

I hope this will work for you or give some tip about the problem. In the case of being useful information, remember to vote as response or as value tip.

Thanks,

Mike

Maick · augurarte :: Albacete · Spain : Guia practica Expression Web, Anaya Multimedia

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:13 PM
  • I've Windows 7 Home Premium installed and the same thing happens every time in debugging mode.
    I've tried to set features and it didn't help me. Any ideas ???

Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:23 AM